Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Forum Ranking Changes

Ellis_VF
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Everyone

Over the next few weeks we are going to be implementing some changes to improve our customers experience with our forum. While the way in which our customers use the forum will not change dramatically, the changes will make it easier to find the information you are looking for as well as some of the other functions of the site

One of the first changes we are going to make is a revamp of the forum ranking structure. This will be going live on Monday so please do not be alarmed if your rank changes on this day. At the same time as going live I will be sure to create a post that explains the new structure and answers any questions you may have on the subject.

If you have any suggestions on how to improve the forum then please let us know in our forum feedback and suggestion board.

Ellis

43 REPLIES 43

biffo1963
16: Advanced member

Ellis,

Thanks for the heads up.   Not sure if you're aware of this, but if you do put up a post explaining the ranking structure I believe that will be something of a first - some of the previous incumbents have been of the opinion that the structure and its meaning should be a secret known only to them. :smileyhappy:

Ellis_VF

Hi Biffo1963

Hopefully the new structure will simplify things a bit. I'll post up the new ranking names and their relation to each other. Also how people progress through the ranks.

Is there anything else you would like to see?

Ellis

biffo1963
Hi Ellis,

Yes I'd like to see the post you were going to create explaining the new structure,
otherwise it will remain as opaque as the old one.

drey_p

@biffo1963 wrote:
Hi Ellis,

Yes I'd like to see the post you were going to create explaining the new structure,
otherwise it will remain as opaque as the old one.

Even without a guide to the structure, it should be easier to work out who is a higher rank and everyone now has a rank and number before the title. The higher the number, the higher the rank.

PWIAC

biffo1963

Drey I don't think that's the full bifters, although it's certainly the main thrust. I think likes and solutions play a yet-to-be-explained part. Also my own rank seems to have gone backwards so I think we're now being penalised for not toeing the party line, lol !

Getafix

I had just hit Scholar and now have gone back to Mentor. The Numbering system is helpful as know where you stand, however still not any wiser on how and what makes up my current status.

Number of Posts, Thanks (previously known as kudos) and Solutions, which combination of this?

Also just wondering how CEs are selected? And what responsibilities go with becoming CE?

drey_p

@Getafix wrote:

I had just hit Scholar and now have gone back to Mentor. The Numbering system is helpful as know where you stand, however still not any wiser on how and what makes up my current status.

Number of Posts, Thanks (previously known as kudos) and Solutions, which combination of this?

Also just wondering how CEs are selected? And what responsibilities go with becoming CE?

You go up the ranks by getting both Thanks, number of posts and also solutions.  You may find that you rank has changed slightly in line with the new structure.

I think Tom, the previous Community Manager, did quite a good overview of the Community Champion (former CE) role:

So, I'm sure you'll be wondering who gets to be named as a Community Expert. There are hundreds of people on the forum who've spent their own time helping others, but our Community Experts need to be the cream of the crop; the best of the best.

I can't reveal exactly what we'll be basing this on, but the main things I'm looking for will be consistent, long term help to other customers and a positive attitude towards Vodafone and our forum.

PWIAC

Getafix

I understand that all 3 are used but what % of each does affect your status?

Regarding CE, what Tom said seems to be outdated. What is "positive attitude"?

drey_p

@Getafix wrote:
I understand that all 3 are used but what % of each does affect your status?

Regarding CE, what Tom said seems to be outdated. When is "positive attitude"?

From what I understand, depending on what rank you are, depends on how many Thanks, Posts and Solutions you need - it is quite a complex way of working things out TBH.

What Tom wanted is people who spoke positively of Vodafone's products and services which is something the CC's do.  I'm afraid that I am taking a wild stab in the dark as it isn't very clear what you are asking.

At the end of the day, if you are happy helping people, does it matter exactly how the system works or what rank you are?

PWIAC