Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

2016 MOTO G4 Play

Flusherpig
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm coming to the UK for a longish holiday & intend buying a Vodafone Moto G4 Play to use while there.  Any reason why this shouldn't work perfectly when I bring it back to Australia?  The UK version has NFC, the Australian version doesn't.  Will NFC work when I bring the phone back to Australia?

P.S. I apologise for our male tennis players; they are a total disgrace.

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Flusherpig

Enjoy your trip to the Uk.  :Smiling:

You shouldn't have any issues using NFC on the phone back home. I'm sure many holidaying from the Uk abroad use their phones also to make purchases etc. 

Some other things to consider....

A mobile phone bought from Vodafone U.K. will be sim locked to Vodafone U.K.  So this phone wouldn't accept your own mobile networks SIM card.

You'd need to use it on the Vodafone U.K. Network for a minimum of 30 days etc making calls, sending texts etc, and then request it's unlock via the Vodafone U.K. Link > Unlocking Form < and unlock it while your in the Uk. It's free to unlock a phone.  

Unless you specifically buy a Sim free / factory unlocked version from elsewhere. :Smiling:

A phone bought from a Network may have inbuilt apps / bloatware that may not be fully compatible with your own mobile network back home. Some of these can be force stopped and some uninstalled. 

Please check any Manufacturing Warranty to see if it's Country specific. I.e. The warranty remains valid if the phone is bought in the U.K and then you need support back in your own country. 

Also typically a Network is unable to offer support for an imported phone. What I mean by this is that even though all the specs and frequencies and bands may look to be ok the real only way of knowing if it'll work is by inserting your own mobile network SIM card and see if it connects to your own network, and works. 

A mobile phone has set frequencies and bands within it so you'd need to check the phones specs against your home network to ensure it's be supported. 

Your chosen phone uses >
GSM / HSPA / LTE
2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 40(2300)

Vodafone U.K. uses >

IMG_0857.JPG

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.