Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

A SCARY THING JUST HAPPENED

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Hi guys this morning I've noticed I wasn't getting any notification sounds from sms and only noticed cos my gear fit 2 was rattling my wrist

Any way in the process of getting some one to send me texts to eliminate the problem 

I did a general restart the easy one and upon start up every thing on my screen was ultra huge 

So I went to settings and I was still in standard mode so I turned easy mode on and it first said it had to apply the default theme as is doesn't work with themes I then switched it back to standard mode and got it back .

The strange part is that this happened just from holding the power button and you get 3 options off restart emergency and thats all I did 

Still no notifications and the screen bit not a major problem 

But are these hiding other issues that are not visual 

Got me in a right scare 

Any one any ideas or do android devices do crazy stuff now and again 

Edit

Still can not get a notification sound for sms done all the obvious checks even changing tone cleared cache gone in the settings in the app also notifications are active tried with Bluetooth on and off interestingly I have delivery reports and as I have a gear fit 2 that is my only way of knowing I'll heya delivery reports on the gear fit but not on my s7 edge 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @SKYMAN513

As your aware usually a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On helps to resolve most issues. 

This may not be relevant but are you using the stock tones for notifications or a download one ?

Also look in app permissions and notifications permissions in the phones settings to check all is set to how it should be. 

I've owned the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and s8 now as your aware and not experienced the issues you do now. The only real difference between yours and mine is that I buy mine factory unlocked, sim free from Samsung. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

Hi @SKYMAN513

As your aware usually a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On helps to resolve most issues. 

This may not be relevant but are you using the stock tones for notifications or a download one ?

Also look in app permissions and notifications permissions in the phones settings to check all is set to how it should be. 

I've owned the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and s8 now as your aware and not experienced the issues you do now. The only real difference between yours and mine is that I buy mine factory unlocked, sim free from Samsung. 

Current Phone  >

Yes thanks when it changed to super huge icons (bigger than the easy mode )

It had flipped e few switches under notifications and that's not in message settings 

At least it's back to normal but that icon thing sent me flapping

Regarding the tones I took a bit of advice of one of you threads and used zedge 

The stock ones apart from 2 were just too 

Plain for my personality

BandOfBrothers

I use the 'opener' notification tone for my emails and texts etc. 

My ringtone is a downloaded one from Zedge called Wallander. 

It's the ringtone from the policeman mobile phone in the Tv series Wallander. Very unique. 

Current Phone  >