Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Android

A5 Wifi Calling missing option

SOLVED
View solved solution
4: Newbie

Hi . Have you managed to activate yours. 

Mine is finally working after a month of calling and emailing tech support

View more options
2: Seeker
Yes, I did get mine working. Thanks
View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Finally got the option enabled on the phone through the Social Media Vodafone rep talking to tech support, why it was so hard I cannot comprehend.

View more options
1: Seeker

Hi, I am curious to know how others were finally able to get this resolved. I upgraded recently to the Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) directly with Vodafone on a Red plan and do not have the wi-fi calling option in any of my menus. After several on-line chats and a trip to a Vodafone store, I have received confirmation that wi-fi calling is enabled on my account but no-one has been able to assist me in resolving the issue. I visited a Samsung store and was informed that it is a problem with the latest Vodafone updates not being compatible with the latest OS (the phone arrived with Android 6.0.1 installed), is this the case and if so how long do I need to wait for a fix to get wi-fi calling? This is incredibly fustrating as I have poor Vodafone signal at home and only stayed with Vodafone because they assumed me my upgraded device would support wi-fi calling. Thanks

View more options
4: Newbie

You need to activate correct APN settings.

Settings - Connections - Mobile Networks  - Access Points Names - ADD

Name - Contract WAP

APN - wap.vodafone.co.uk

Proxy - not set

Port - Not set

Username - wap

Password - wap

Server - http://www.vodafone.co.uk?cid=VOD-HOM-001

MMSC  - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servelets/mms

MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.12

MMS Port - 8799

MCC - 234

MNC - 15

Authentication Type  - PAP

APN - default

APN protocol - IPv4

APN roaming protocol- IPv4

Leave the remaining 4 settings as they are. Then press 3 dots and save the added APN

Then select the added APN and restart the phone. WI FI calling will appear once new APN embeds and gets registered. I did this on my phone after Factory Reset and Wi Fi calling option appeared afer about 40 minutes and when I go into APN settings the added APN is appearing as embedded thus if you click on it,  you can not change the settings apart from deleting it completely. Hope this helps

View more options
1: Seeker

I bought my phone from Carphone Warehouse and was told by VF tech support that mean't WiFi calling was impossible. But it wasn't.  The option is a bit buried in the phone settings menu but it was there and it works well !

View more options