Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Android 6 (Marshmallow) and smart ultra 6

capt1701a
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My query is about a smart ultra 6 and the update to Android Marshmallow.

I have found a few bugs in the update to android 6.Can anyone in the quality team help asap. 

1:- There is no option to turn the alarm off, when it goes off for the first time and the mobile flashes the default background, no icons and I am unable to turn the mobile off. After 5 mins the alarm stops but the mobile has still crashed.

2:- After the mobile reboots eventually, the mobile froze on viewing an email.but there is now an option to turn the alarm off

3:- My mobile is now constantly rebooting every few minutes, whether charging or not

This make the mobile useless!!!!!!!

I need the calendar for uni, to be able to make calls and receive them and sometimes google maps 

6 REPLIES 6

hrym
17: Community Champion

The first thing to try would be a factory reset.   Recent updates seem to have made this less likely to be necessary, though it used to be almost routine.   Make sure you've sync'd your contacts and calendar and backed up your content.   Remove the external sd card if you have one as the process sometimes formats them.   Saved games and most 3rd party app settings will be lost, as will SMS and call logs.  There are apps that can back those last up if you want to.

It's also just possible that force-stopping the clock app and clearing it's cache and data would improve the situation, but I'm not hopeful.

Before doing a major OS update, I try to give the device as many of its resources as possible.   I clear recent apps and caches and restart.   I also have the device plugged in so that there's no danger of running out of battery half way through.

I did a factory reset and the mobile is still restarting but not every few minutes, this results in the battery being drained rapidly. The os is still not stable, 

How do I downgrade back to Android 5.1.1 at least this was stable?

Are any other Smart ultra 6 owners having problems since the upgrade?

hrym

Downgrading would be tricky.   I'd recommend taking/sending the phone in for repair.  It may be that all that needs to be done is for the OS to be re-flashed.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@capt1701a

As @hrym said, if you're continuing to have problems with your phone you'll need to send it off for repair.  

You can do this by taking the device into your local store. Alternatively you can arrange a repair with our Live Chat team.

:manfrustrated:

I tried that, basically the store and the technical support team bounced me between them. Then I phoned the technical support in the store and they advised me, they cannot downgrade or fix the mobile due to it being out of warranty, no offer to fix for a fee and the chap in store said sid wouldn't fix it even if they sent it. This has meant having to purchase another mobile which really I didn't have to or have the money for, all due to an update sent by vodafone, that foo barred the mobile

I was not happy with the customer service that I received, vodafone need to make sure their staff in store and call centres are all singing of the same hymn sheet as they don't know their own policies and procedures. 

An example of the level of incompetence is one technical support chap, wouldn't/couldn't do anything without an order ref no, when I was reporting the fault and that I need to get that from a store. Even after explaining the store say they can't do anything.

So I now have a brick, a new mobile which cannot be unlocked for 30 days and having the hassle of telling every one of my new number.

I suspect that any mobile repair shop will have this sort in next to no-time and charge me a nice fee.

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@capt1701a

That's not great to hear at all. Please accept my apologies for the level of service you've received since this issue began. It's something we'll need to feed back to the store, as we would offer a service to repair the device.

In regards to this and to look at giving feedback to the store, I've sent you a private message with our contact details. Please fill this in, including your eforum name and the issues you've faced and we'll be in touch.