Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Android Update on Vodafone Devices?

jamesj015
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Does anyone know or have any idea if the Vodafone Smart Prime 7, Smart Ultra 7 and the Smart Platinum 7 will be getting the Android 7.0 update.

The devices are running stock android? 

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @jamesj015

Were the phones supplied to you from Vodafone?

If so they'll be running an android firmware checked by Vodafone so it does not clash with anything on their network. This is firmware for branded phones. Keep looking at the software release section in your phone. 

If so Vodafone will not comment on release information as per their Firmware Statement. > Firmware Statement.

If the phone is unbranded i.e. Not supplied by a Network then it's a case of checking your Software Update section in the phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Nabs

@jamesj015 Vodafone do provide updates to some of their handsets however they will never give any information about which devices will get updates and even if they do plan on updating them when the update will arrive is pure guesswork.
Their top of range Platinum 7 was already on an old version of Android when it released and, as far as i'm aware, hasn't been updated yet so I wouldn't hold out too much hope

https://www.gsminfo.nl/blog/nieuws/9893/alcatel-werkt-aan-android-7-0-update-voor-idol-4-serie

The link above from a german site is suggesting that Alcatel (the manufacturer of the Smart Platinum 7) is at least working on a Nougat update. No idea how long it will take to filter its way through Vodafone, but it is at least possible. 

Retired-Tom
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jamesj015 For more information on this, you can view our firmware statement here.

Louisecoats
1: Seeker

I spoke to someone from Vodafone and they told me that the Android 7.0 update will probably roll out in May or June. 

Hi,

Was just wondering if you've received any update for your device? I'm in South Africa and the local forum is useless. I'm still on Android 6.01, which is crazy considering that 8.0 and 8.1 are in beta. My system doesn't pick up an update, and Vodafone doesn't like telling people about whether there will be an update ever.

Regards,

Zak

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Zak96 Please see our firmware statement, for more information on this. 

To make sure your phone is updated and running the most recent software, please see our device guide.

hrym

FWIW, I have a Vodafone-branded Sony XA which has only just received the Nougat update.   So ... VF firmware is updated, but it takes a long time.