Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Another no mobile data problem

Janicejane
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Up until July last year all was fine. In July the microphone and speaker on my iPhone broke. Rather than pay 200 pounds for repair, quoted by Bradford store I purchased a Vodafone payg phone and forfeited the 10 pounds credit as it was not possible to credit my account with it. On that day I lost access to mobile data. Despite numerous visits to the store and many calls to customer services I still have no access to mobile data. My SIM card was inserted in a handset in store in Bradford but would not access the mobile network. In February this year I purchased a new handset as I had lost my old one. Again customer services have been unable to get mobile data to work. In January my account was reset but still no joy. There are extensive notes on my account, and no one is taking my problem seriously. It will come as no surprise that I am now telling everyone about the shoddy service I have received, two handsets, 150 pounds and two lots of lost 10 pounds credit that I am forced to fofeit, in addition to paying my bill of 70 pounds plus every month for data I cannot access or use unless connected to a WiFi system. All settings on both phones were correct, and have been turned on and off many times. Factory resets have been done also. In September my contract will be up. It'll be no surprise also that a new network is under serious consideration. Please can someone take my problem and solve it to prevent this from happening, a customer of yours since the mid 1990s is going to leave very unhappy otherwise.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Janicejane

I can understand why you would be unimpressed at not having access to mobile data when paying for the allowances. :Sad_face:

I appreciate you've been through quite a few troubleshooting tips but may I talk about the following. 

Do you not receive Data connection anywhere you go ?

Is their a data connection showing in your phones status bar such as 3G for example. 

Which make and model of phone are you currently using ?

Is the Mobile Data toggle in the phones settings 100% turned on ?

When you lost your phone I assume you reported that loss to Vodafone so they could bar your phone and block your account to stop unauthorised use, and send you a replacement SIM card. 

They will have placed the bar on the account which may in some way still be hindering your usage. If this was my situation I'd ask them to double check no remanants of the barring is showing as applied. 

A Payg Vodafone phone will hold the Apn Settings for that contract type. Now normally when a person inserts their SIM card then Network set up messages arrive to the phone, or a person can text WEB to 40127 to get set up. Have you tried this ?

The Apn Settings are specific for Pay Monthly. 

If you haven't done so already please check those Apn Settings in your phone. I use the ones from GeekSquad which can be found in this link > vodafone-apn-settings.

Sometimes asking Vodafone to reset the whole account and not just the data part can help. And or ask them to remove the data part on your account and re add it which can jolt it into working. 

Also its worthwhile navigating into your online myvodafone account to ensure no Data Bars are turned on. 

As a last resort you could contemplate having a Sim Swap actioned.  This process moves your mobile number and tariff from your old sim to a new one. Any Vodafone Highstreet Store can action this for you. 

Vodafone Tech Teams read all posts here. Please give them a little time to reach your post and I'm sure they'll help.

Please take into consideration that not every Network provides the same signal strengths and Data Speeds everywhere, and in the same area. I assume to this point Vodafone have overall supplied a useable Service, apart from Data Connection. Moving Networks may affect this.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, many thanks for your reply.

Answers to your questions.

No data anywhere unless logged into WiFi.

Yes with an exclamation mark.

Moto G play

Yes 100%

Yes new SIM card sorted out and installed and settings changed in store.

My account shows no bars, customer services confirmed this.

All settings were set up for contract.

Account has been reset.

SIM has been swapped 3 times now.

Appreciate that but 4G is alive and well here.

Still no data.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Janicejane

That's not good to hear. Thanks for providing us with that information. 

We'll need to check your account to see what's happening. Please get in touch with us following the instructions that I've sent you on a private message.

Thanks, 

AnnS

Hi @Janicejane

When you purchase a phone on PAYG, the APN settings will be set on PAYG.  With you being on contract, this means you will need to change the APN settings on the phone from pp to contract.

If you have the correct APN and have changed from an iphone, the next step will be to ask a Vodafone Store for a replacement SIM. A new SIM card may solve your data access problem.

There is further information on  APN settins on the link below, although the phone will be reinstalled with the correct settings.

Support - APN settings