Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apps start back up on there own s7 edge

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Hi I only have 6 apps that I have added on top of what was already.

So when I go into device  maintenance I've already killed all apps in the app page 

And then device maintenance which I find gives the best reading.

but of the apps that I have used two keep starting back up on there own ones called cast box and tune in radio both are for podcasts I also have Spotify  which will start rarely when I am not using it but even after I have put it to sleep 

I never had a problem with apps restarting on there own apart from Spotify which for the amount of time I use it it is very rarely 

Does it mean the apps that are restarting after being put to sleep mean the app apps have ulterior motives

My device is an s7 edge with the excellent device maintenance and also I have disabled what I can in the application manager ie change system settings even turned off notifications just to see if they will function without it on as it says it's only for letting you know about new podcasts (so it say)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I have come across apps that even when put to sleep they are truly not inactive. 

Facebook being one such culprit which is one reason I do not use the app but instead access my FB via a URL shortcut. 

What I can say about Nougat is that I receive notifications on my s8 advising certain apps have been made inactive i.e. Put to sleep and they remain dormant.

I do not use the apps you have but have tested with mine and none behave like yours are. 

What happens if you hit your recents button and close the app(s)

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

I have come across apps that even when put to sleep they are truly not inactive. 

Facebook being one such culprit which is one reason I do not use the app but instead access my FB via a URL shortcut. 

What I can say about Nougat is that I receive notifications on my s8 advising certain apps have been made inactive i.e. Put to sleep and they remain dormant.

I do not use the apps you have but have tested with mine and none behave like yours are. 

What happens if you hit your recents button and close the app(s)

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Most of the time I kill the apps by close all apps then go into device maintenance and put them to sleep and within half hour more often than not they are awake and I double check by going straight to device maintenance 

If I hit the recents button the apps are still there if I haven't closed them and then put them to sleep

I thought I'd update 

I did the uninstall reinstall of the my Vodafone app and it was only doing that I realised that the app has required more permissions than what it already had the two that I know for sure it never had before was unmonitored so it couldn't be put to sleep and the other was excessive data usage so as I can not log in any way so  I just went to unmonitored page and deleted it from there so I can put it too sleep and it seems to have settled and its also caused the other apps to settle and stay asleep until I wake them 

I didn't get no warnings about the extra permissions though 

I can't believe I didn't notice dufus