Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blackberry KeyOne on Vodafone?

LordLanky
6: Helper
6: Helper
Whilst I'm ready for a Vodafone staffer to come confirm the location of the VF coming soon page, do we think VF will stock the amazing looking BB KeyOne?
5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Going from past trend the Blackberry handsets seem to have been pretty much dropped by Networks as well as Vodafone. 

Some say they've had their day. 

I like to think they'll bounce back like Nokia is trying to do right now. 

Alternatively look to independents who may Stock / supply the phone you want. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Or a person could change to sim only and buy the phone of choice sim free , factory unlocked as long as disposable income allows. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

The coming soon page is here https://blog.vodafone.co.uk/coming-soon/

but you won't see a Blackberry on it these days. BB's are now a very niche smartphone and their global market share is estimated to be half a percent.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Whilst posting the original question I knew VF's position was always going to be "meh" for the new BlackBerry KeyOne. 🙂

I bought one SIM free from CPW the day after they were released.

I have to say it is brilliant, much like all of the reviews available online.

I play a few games, but nothing CPU intensive. The reduction in screen size hasn't impacted use or enjoyment one bit. In fact in some apps the available screen is larger as an on screen keyboard is larger than the physical one here.

The keyboard has features we've seen before, strange at first but you quickly get used to them.

The stand out feature is the battery...  I have only got it to dip under 40% at the end of a day twice (it comes off charge at 0600hrs).

If anyone is on the fence, just get one. The £££s work when you consider credit costs and some of the SIM only deals, plus VF only have you by the short and curlies for 12 months!

I am literally flabbergasted... VF have made the KeyOne available on contract:

https://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/mobile-phones/quick-view/blackberry-keyone

What a strange carry on... if they were more transparent about intentions then this buyer would have waited about bought the phone on contract, but VFs continued approach to new phones (unless it's iPhone of course) will also continue to lose it business.