Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blocking Numbers

bolo
12: Established
Is there any way on the Vodafone smart ultra 6, that I can block nuisance calls?
8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @bolo

If that feature is available in your phone it's usually in your call log in the phone app etc. Obviously the phone can only block a caller who's number shows. 

Can you check in your phones phone app settings. 

Its a similar process to block text messages. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Just to add....

This is Vodafones Guidance on such calls. 

What-can-I-do-about-nuisance-spam-or-marketing-calls.

Current Phone  >

bolo
Sadly, the number that's been trying to get through to me was from an old friend trying to give me bad news about another old friend.

BandOfBrothers

@bolo wrote:
Sadly, the number that's been trying to get through to me was from an old friend trying to give me bad news about another old friend.

Sorry to hear that.

Is this connected to your query on nuisance calls and blocking numbers ?

Do you think you've accidentally blocked this number ?

Current Phone  >

bolo
We never answer calls from numbers we don't recognise and wanted to block a number that's calling 2,3 or 4 times a day. So yes it is connected - it was the number we we trying to wrongly block!

BandOfBrothers

@bolo wrote:
We never answer calls from numbers we don't recognise and wanted to block a number that's calling 2,3 or 4 times a day. So yes it is connected - it was the number we we trying to wrongly block!

Ah ok. 

I've looked at that phones user manual and google searched and I'm afraid I've failed to find anything relevant in the phones user manual, and most of the Google Search return hits are about ither spec models. 

Please do look where I and @63johnw has indicated. 

If your phone does not have a built in blocker system you could look to the Google PlayStore as downloadable Apps to block calls and texts are available there you could try.

Just a thought. :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

63johnw
Hi. On my android phone if I go to my calls log then long press on the number I want to block a list of options appears, one being add to blacklist, have you got that option?

bolo
No John, I don't seem to have that option but will give B of B's app suggestion a go.