cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bricked my HTC M9. What are the options?

w0rt3x
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just bricked my HTC M9, trying to return it to stock firmware after my EX got it flashed with some custom firmware. 

Hard reset does not work, though the phone goes into download mode, as well as recovery mode. S-ON.

The only way I see is to find official stock Vodafone UK RUU firmware higher, than 2.10.161.7 in order to return phone back to life, but I could not find it on the internet. 

Any ideas, suggestions, advice? I would be very much grateful for any help.

Thanks! 

10 REPLIES 10

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Contact HTC and arrange to send the phone to them. They will flash it with the correct firmware and return it to you.  Please be aware that there may be a charge for this service.

The other option would be to ask for assistance on forums that deal with flashing ROMs on a regular basis.  XDA Developers is a good place to start as they have a lot of very knowledgeable people on there.  The eForum doesn't deal with flashing custom firmware or recovering from problems when doing so. 

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @w0rt3x

Perhaps speak to Htc via Call or Live Chat to first Enquire if they can / will help. Htc uk support.

Vodafone Highstreet Shops can also send phones to their Repair Centres too. 

Take Time / Date stamped pictures of the device to show the condition you sent it back in.

@Nabs  @thesoupdragon May I ask you have you Any further insight / advice ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Nabs

Not a lot to add @BandOfBrothers you've already got it covered. It would absolutley go to HTC support, they really are fantastic and should be able to get stock firmware flashed onto it without too much or a problem.

But isn`t it a Vodafone that I should ask for a firmware? I know that Vodafone modifies firmwares, adding their stuff to it, as well as locks them to their network. Or is it something HTC does for Vodafone? I`m a bit confused here. My phone is a contract phone and locked on Vodafone. 

Nabs

@w0rt3x Go for the stock HTC firmware if you can, that way you'll always be up to date (won't have to wait for Vodafone to approve updates) + you won't get lumped with unwanted (by most people) Vodafone services.
An unbranded handset will typically hold its resale value slightly better than a network version as well, not sure if that woudl be a future consideration or not.

Unless you use a Vodafone service that required Vodafone firmware, e.g. mobile wallet/Smartpass then I would personally go with the standard HTC firmware

drey_p

@Nabs wrote:

Not a lot to add @BandOfBrothers you've already go it covered. It would absolutley go to HTC support, they really are fantastic and should be able to get stock firmware flashed onto it without too much or a problem.

@Actually @Nabs - I believe I'd already"go it covered" a few hours previously...  but I guess you missed that bit...

PWIAC

Nabs

Whoops! Thanks for pointing out my spelling mistake there @drey_p, I've got it corrected now :smileywink:

@drey_p wrote:

but I guess you missed that bit...

Sorry, I did. Clicking through from a notification email which takes you straight to the post that you're mentioned in. In may haste to reply I didn't read all the way up the thread.

drey_p

That explains it.  No worries. 

PWIAC

hrym

FWIW, I have Vodafone Wallet/Smartpass running on an M9 with stock firmware.  I believe some devices are compatible without the Vodafone-ised version.