Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broken Seal / Tampered Seal / Open Box / No VR / Samsung S7 / S7 Edge

augustinefifi
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello All

Having spent nearly 4 hours with Vodafone over 2 days, I finally arranged an exchange of my phone.

The phone arrived with the seal broken.

The phone box wasnt brown boxed, it was bunged into a v. thin packing bag.

The phone fell out in the bag!! It fell out of the box.

The service so far has been abysmal to say the least. I did not pay upfront nearly £300 and join a £60 contract for an open box item. There was no mention in the terms and conditions either about receiving a phone in this condition or I would not have signed up!

As of 9th March, Vodafone CS have been told to say the following :

"All phones have had their seals broken for quality checks"

As of 8th March, Vodafone CS said :

"20% of phones have been broken into for quality checks"

Having quizzed the CS agents, some said :

"DPD did the checks"

Others said :

"Vodafone opened them"

Again, they have no idea between them. This is terrible service and I dont think Vodafone realise the gravity of the situation. NO ONE wants their package to be opened!!

It was not software loading and it was not SIM card based. i know this because my colleague had his phone delivered and it was perfectly sealed! We both had ours delivered at the same time!

I have been passed around from pillar to post until finally, after being very direct about what I want to happen, an agent decided to take ownership and has arranged a Like for Like replacement, to my work address this time, by DPD. This has been arranged for next week and in the meantime I can use the phone I have been sent aslong as I return it undamaged.

Vodafone seriously need to sort this mess out. They were offering me a £20 credit for an open box item. I said they'd better consider adding another '2' infront of the 20 if they want me to accept an open box item! Obviously they didn't want this to happen so reluctantly arranged an exchange.

The time taken and the bullcrap being fed is ridiculous. Vodafone, fix it please.

A google search indicates this has happened at all phone launch!

To those wanting an exchange - Get through to returns, dont take no for an answer and tell them you want a new replacement with DPD Swap & Go

If you haven't had your VR headsent to you,I have heard two things :

1. You will receive it in 14 days (Seems like stock troubles)

2. You need Vodafone to produce a receipt and then ring Samsung and give it to them so Samsung can send you it direct.

Option 2 is long.

19 REPLIES 19

Fazo
1: Seeker
My first S7 was opened, exchanged 6 days later for another opened phone. Called to exchange again and promised an unopened phone. 8 days later (today) still no exchange. Phoned again and was told the warehouse staff open all the phones, so if i want one i will have to return the opened one and then go to the store. Why is it so difficult for vodafone to just send me an unopened phone. And why all the lies??

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Fazo

The other issue is the store wouldn't swap out a phone that's been ordered online as they have a different pool of stock. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Despite the official response here: http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Boxes-and-Samsung-Gear-VR/td-p/2476499 saying that all Samsung S7 stock have their security seals intact, I received mine this week with it broken. My partner's arrived at the same time, but it was intact.

A call to VF, and they agreed I should not accept it if broken and arranged for a new one to be sent and the old one collected. It however arrived wtih the seal broken too!! It was rejected and sent back but the original held on to. 

More calls to VF, they can't organise a new one until the phone shows as returned in their system, even thought they have confirmation from the warehouse. No guarantee if they put a note on the order for one with it's seal intact that the warehouse staff will read it. More excuses about VF/DPD/Samsung opening boxes to check. Told if I want to try getting one in store, I would have to cancel the deal I got and get it fresh (if they offer it too me!) from the shop. 

Have now found this online : http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/news/industry/40719/samsung-legal-battle-begins-eu-stock-threat-galaxy-...

Very annoyed. To top it off, we haven't received the new nano cards yet. We were told after calling that they are sent out separatetly for security which is fine, but it's been 6 days since the order was placed. Going into a store today to get one. 

Hi @fly4fun

How are you getting on with your issue? If you require further help then message us here and we will help you further.

Khizar

Hello @Khizar_M,

Thanks for taking an interest in this.

Today I called Vodafone and was transferred 5 times and was going round in circles. The first person didn't know what to do, the second couldn't access my details. He transferred me and I ended up in the billing team, then I got transferred to Business Accounts before finally getting someone who understood what was going on.

I requested a stock to store to be done. However, they said I needed to go into a store and the store would call. Thankfully the store I went to knew a short cut and I was able to return the box I got with the seal broken for one that wasn't broken. I don't know why this wasn't done the first time.

I opened the seal up in store in front of the sales assistant. It isn't easy to break. I couldn't do it with my finger nail and had to use a credit card to do it. Everything inside was fine. The seal seams too strong to be broken in transit.

I am annoyed that a couple of vodofone staff have said that some are open for quality control. If that's so, then why wasn't a vodafone seal put on them. I feel that this was done to try to fob me off, especially after the official posting on here from vodafone saying they all had their seals intact.

I'm also disappointed that after a week the promised nano-sim cards didn't arrive. Again, the store came to the rescue. 

I'd like to see vodafone become more seemless in its operations between web, store and phone ordering. Next time I may not stay with them, particularly after the massive billing failure recently. 

Hello @fly4fun

I completely understand your frustration, our apologies. 

Just to clarify, have you now received the device (with the seal on the original box)?

Louise

Yes @Louise_E,

But only because I spent the time chasing it up over the phone and insisting for a store exchange instead of waiting for the 2 day cycle of organising a courier to come out, collect the old one and wait for a the order to close etc etc.

I wonder how many people have been fobbed off with the excuses given by some of the call centre staff? I've yet to see an official statement from Vodafone saying it's ok to receive seal-broken boxes. And then others have told me that they should have been resealed with Vodafone security seals. Maybe its DPD that's the issue? There seems to be similar complaints on the EE forum about the same issue and they use DPD also.

Oh, and my new sim cards never arrived, despite speaking to a call centre member who said they had been ordered and if she was to re-order them they wouldn't get to me for 4 to 5 working days. Thankfuly the store was able to supply new sims and process the swap. 

Haha ... can't belive this thread is still running

Well, I could have started a new thread, but thought it made sense to continue it here. 

I think there are loads of security seal broken phones going out but most people don't reaslise that they shouldn't accept it or beleive the tales they get told on the phone. Thankfully I got a good agent first off. 

Good thinking.

just looking at the iphone7 threads ... good to see another sucessful launch and so many happy customers ... lolz