Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Buying a Phone from 3rd Party locked to vodafone

sudheerkarusala
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello All

I am fairly new to this community and wish to ask some common question.

I have been seeing through some of the great Offers who are selling (infact those are on Vodafone upgrade) brand new sealed S8plus in low cost.

My question is this if I brought from them and continue to use on Vodafone network (new Pay monthly customer) do I am eligible to claim warranty from Vodafone if some thing goes wrong after using it for certain period of time?

Anyone please advise the same.

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @sudheerkarusala

If the phone is purchased new, you will have a two year manufacturers warranty.

The seller would be responsible for the hardware, if anything goes wrong, you will need to contact the manufacturer or seller for advise.  All Vodafone will be responsible for will be the contract airtime.

@AnnS

Thanks for your message

Here I mean to ask if I buy a phone from person who upgraded and sold the phone (Commonly seen in Gumtree and other related sites) 

At this case can i claim (second hand purchase) warranty from Vodafone without ​the help of original buyer if any problems during the 2 years warranty period?

AnnS

Hi @sudheerkarusala

The warranty and proof of purchase will be with the original owner.

You need to be careful purchasing from sites such as Gumtree, it's at your own risk.  There is nothing stopping the seller from reporting the phone lost or stolen and making an insurance claim on the phone or selling a stolen phone.

@sudheerkarusala

If you use the phone on the Vodafone UK network then it will register as being used so if you then have issue they will try to help. 

That said I always suggest visiting a Samsung service location or contact Samsung or some Car phone warehouse stores have authorised repair centres in them. 

I fully agree with AnnS that a danger is that a person can claim on insurance and then it's blacklisted with the phone then becoming the property of the insurance company. 

It's an informed risk to buy from auction sites etc. 

I find cex good because if that happens they'll swap out the phone and on top of that they attach their own 24 month warranty too. 

The Samsung 24 month warranty follows the phone not the buyer and as such it's serial number and warranty status is on their systems. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.