Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Buzzing sound when launching camera in Vodafone platinum 7

Geopan22
1: Seeker

When I open the camera (I've got the Vodafone smart platinum 7) it starts making a buzzing sound 1/3 times for a few seconds . it didn't have that problem in the past and it has got me pretty frustrated. Any help?

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Sometimes the first port of call is to shut down the camera app and soft reboot it by turning the phone Off and On.

Ensure no updates are pending in Playstore.  

If that does not help consider trying another camera app to see if the issue continues. 

Finally create a Back up and Factory reset as a last resort. 

If that does not help then a Vodafone store can take a look and if necessary send it off to their repair centres. Again make a Back up as they'll typically flash the firmware. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hello. thank you but ive done everything apart from the factory reset (the issue persists even with other apps) and I am almost certain that it is a hardware issue . the thing is that I have been using it very cautiously and I am scared of Vodafone asking for repairing cost (although I was given the Vodafone replace guaranty )

BandOfBrothers

As long as their is no damage to the phone i.e. A drop or water damage you should be fine.  Phones have water sensors inside which change typically to red when tripped. Sometimes they can be seen inside the SIM card slot. 

Phones supplied by Vodafone have a 24 Month Manufacturing Warranty with the exception being the iPhone which is 12 months. 

If Vodafone feel any issue isn't covered under the Manufacturing Warranty they will contact you to provide a costing. At that point you can either authorise the work and costs or decline and they'll send the phone back for you to collect from the Vodafone Highstreet Store. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.