Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Clearing system cache on s7 edge

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

When you press power and up volume button to clear cache partition 

Is it the same has holding your power button alone.?

Or is it something else?

And can you use it too many times?

And make your phone unstable I've already done it 3 times and am reluctant to do it again,as the other half of my brain is saying this can not be good for longevity of phone and it's only 2 months old

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @SKYMAN513

The Process I use to clear my System Cache is...

1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key at the same time.
3. When the phone powers on, the Android System Recovery screen appears approx. 30 seconds later.
4. Release all of the keys.

5. Press the Volume down key to highlight "wipe cache partition."
6. Press the Power key to select.

7. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press thePower key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

No it shouldn't harm / effect the phone or make it unstable. 

It's a process supplied by Samsung as a known troubleshooting tip. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

Hi @SKYMAN513

The Process I use to clear my System Cache is...

1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key at the same time.
3. When the phone powers on, the Android System Recovery screen appears approx. 30 seconds later.
4. Release all of the keys.

5. Press the Volume down key to highlight "wipe cache partition."
6. Press the Power key to select.

7. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press thePower key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

No it shouldn't harm / effect the phone or make it unstable. 

It's a process supplied by Samsung as a known troubleshooting tip. 

Current Phone  >

I know it is recommended to restart your phone the normal way maybe once a fortnight  (the normal way)

But either way way

what do they do

Because I have noticed  device maintenance looks like it removes residual files and also the system security scan which I was using every day just sort of flew up to 100 and said ok so I decided to leave it a good coupl of days and it still did a full plan in about a second and that's with power saving on. 

So this didn't give me much confidence. But there is the option to get extra security for free and it looks good .

But then people always say if it looks to good to be true then it probably is but I would like to try (Hi don't mean knox for the safe work place I mean  the both malware one.

Has any one installed this or any info on it because surely device maintenance can not scan my phone I a second when power saving is on limiting power use to 70 % I maybe wrong but still would like to try that anti malware 

Or am I wrong of which I have no problem with I'm just curious they  must have it there  for a reason surely I want to try it but am worried its a blag

BandOfBrothers

Hey @SKYMAN513

I've replied to you in >

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/System-cache-clear-anti-malware/m-p/2558239#M136124

Current Phone  >

Apologies again I'm having problems on the forum 

I've noticed a lot of your posts are also posting multiple times.

So I'm not the only one. I understand we all mistakes now and again but I've got a bit of a feel of you and I don't think you would of done  (posted) it multiple times and it's only just started doing it in fact I think i can recall once maybe twice were you might of posted twice but this week  came along approx 10 double posts