Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Email set up problems - Vodafone Smart Prime 7

Clairej101
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I bought a new Vodafone Smart Prime 7 for my dad last week  All good until we went to set up email... every timeI hit the Email icon the set up screen appears for less than a second, then disappears.  He's tried it several times since, tried restarting the phone, deactivating, then activating the app - always the same thing.  Is this a known issue or has anyone experienced it on another Android device?

1 REPLY 1

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

This is ringing faint bells.  I think someone else has reported issues and found an alternative email app on the Play store.

If the service you use has a dedicated app, it's generally best to use that.   You could also consider switching to Gmail and setting it up (you need to do this on a PC) to pick up and send as-from the main service.   I got fed up with the system email client on a Samsung phone a good many years ago and started using Gmail.  The finctionality is good and there are no setup issues.

Edited to add: I've now found the other thread.  It specifically related to MS Exchange, but the OP there spoke well of Bluemail.  You could (if you haven't, I'm not sure) go into Settings|Apps, find Email (it'll be under All, not Downloaded), clear the cache and data force stop it and try again.  If you've installed other apps, it might also be worth doing a factory reset and making email setup the first thing you do, just to make sure something isn't interfering with it.

I'm sure it ought to work, so it might also be worth taking the phone back and asking for a replacement if it still fails after resetting.