Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Extremely poor customer service

mobeen786
2: Seeker

My phone stopped working properly so I decided to give it to Vodefone Store on 31/12/2016. I was told it will take 7-10 working days. To is 30/01/2017 and I still haven't received it. 

During the last month I have called numerous times. Every single time I have been told something different. To me it seems like no one at Vodefone know what they are doing. 

I was told to go to the store I gave my phone to as the phone will be there. I went last week but they told me that I got the wrong information and that the phone isn't here yet and they are not sure when they will receive it. 

This has been made worse by be not receiving a courtesy. I HAD TO PAY FOR A PHONE WHICH IS NOT EVEN A SMART PHONE. 

All in all Vodefone have been rubbish every since I joined them. Customer service is rubbish both at the store and on the phone. They all say something different. Once my contract is up I will be cancelling it and move away for good. If I dont receive my phone this week then Ill just cancel DD early. HAD ENOUGH!

11 REPLIES 11

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi. Whilst I understand your frustration and agree the service you have received is not good enough don't cancel your direct debit without having a means of paying your bills in place. The systems are automated and the systems will very quickly put a default marker on your credit file which can have serious consequences. A simple search of this forum shows the problems a default can give you.

What do you suugest I do? Wait under month?? 

63johnw
All you can do is persevere with CS, try live chat and see what they say, if they cannot help then come back here and hopefully one of the team here may be able to look into this for you.

I have been on live chat twice now. I was on it last thursday when someone gave me a made up reference number and told me to go to the store which I did. The store said they can't see anything under that reference number. 

I spoke to someone today on live chat and they are saying something different from the last person I spoke to. 

Absolute shambles!!!

63johnw
There is an official complaints procedure should you wish to complain formally.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/about-us/code-of-practice/

Thanks

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mobeen786 - I’m sorry to hear what’s happened.

Loan phones are limited and we can’t guarantee availability at all times.

You can keep yourself up to date, by tracking your repair online.

I agree with the complainant.... the standard of customer service is appalling. All you get is people reading from scripts and giving conflicting advice. I am STILL waiting for someone to tell me why the sure signals stop working for no reason.....

woofy123

SHOCKING, SHOCKING, SHOCKING by Vodafone

I’ve had problems with THREE in the past BUT VODAFONE TAKES THE BISCUIT recently.

Hello

I had a contract come to an end in March.  I ordered a new Voda S7 from Mobile Phones Direct beginning March.  I then had 3 chats with 3 different Voda staff.

First saying I wanted to port my contract expired number to my new phone and was told yeah, all set up and I didn’t need to cancel my old contract as it would be done automatically.

Second chat after the promise made in chat 1 never happened.  Chat 2 person said he’d sorted it all out and would happen in hours.

Third chat guy, after chat 2 hadn’t worked, told me I’d been told all wrong ands said I had to phone Voda!  But I was suspicious after being told stuff in a chat, at least I had a printout proof of Voda incompetence, after all what if I was told rubbish in a call.

On top of this the direct debit I sorted with the new phone has never been initialised by Voda.

So now I’m 2 months on, get a bill for a phone I haven’t been able to use because Voda have restricted it.  They’ve not taken the direct debit.  I cancelled my old phone direct debit – it looks like that may have been premature as there probably was one more payment to be taken but I thought I can’t have my old number seemingly and I didn’t want to keep paying for an out of contract phone and Voda chose not to contact me about the old phone!

Now I have been referred to a credit collection organisation who ring me on bank holiday Monday – the day after I internet banked 2 months payment for the new phone.  Even paying it that way because Voda failed to implement the direct debit I still can’t use the phone.

There were 2 other elements on the last bill.  One payment for the old contract phone.

BUT WORSE STILL Voda has put a sum of £58 on the bill for undefined services/products.  A sum I don’t recognise!!!!!!

I have written 4 times to Voda in the last 2 months to complain and received NO RESPONSE.  In the latest I have asked what this £58 is for and similarly the previous three I mentioned the incompetent chats and asked what was going on with the billing???????

I’m at my wits end.  I really am.  Where on earth is Voda customer service? Has anyone actually seen Voda customer service or response to complaints? ARGHHHHHH.