Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy Note 7 Pre-Order issues

GrumGrum
4: Newbie

Hi all 

First post here! trying to find out more about my Note 7 Pre-order as ive not heard anything since the initial order.

Has anyone had confirmation they will be getting it on the 30/8?

Tried chat and 191 both saying different things as is in store. Also the tracking is not working yet because it is a pre-order.

I know there are some supply issues but I will need to amend delivery address if im not getting it on the tuesday and obviously dont have much time to change anything.

any help would be appricated.

571 REPLIES 571

adrockuk
3: Seeker
I don't understand how they can continue to operate with such incompetence. I've sent my email making my demands and requesting a deadlock letter. It's going to go to the ombudsman.

gpd1965
6: Helper
Legally they have to revert you back to your old tariff. Contact the ombudsman by phone they have a line to a dedicated complaints team that we cant get to

Never in all my days have I dealt with such a BAD company as Vodafone, and it will be the last time.

My Story is quite lengthy now, but is as follows - 

29th August  - Ordered Note 7 Deal

2nd Sept - Cancelled said Deal and was told that the MOney I paid for the handset would be back in my account in 14 days (Cancellation Reference Number Received)

8th Sept - Email to say my Voda are trying their best to fulfill my Order (after it was already cancelled)

12th Sept - Email to say my Voda are trying their best to fulfill my Order (the order is still cancelled)

2 more emails received on the 19th and 22nd Sept stating the Same (I'm sure I already mentioned that it had been cancelled !)

And by the way still no REFUND.

23rd Sept - Chat session to be told it in fact had NOT been cancelled, but it would now be cancelled and I would receive a refund in 3-5 days.

1st October - Chat Session to be told they could see that it had tried to be cancelled twice already, but it had not been done and he would do it properly now and I would receive my refund in a few days.

10th October - Chat Session to be told that he could see it had finally been cancelled on the 2nd Oct, Still no Refund though, was promised it would be in my bank that week.

2nd Nov - Chat Session to find out where my refund is - Told It had been paid to my bank but, my bank had then refused it !, Got an appology and told that the Refund would be in my bank in 24 hours and the adviser then tried to sell me a new Voda Contract (I refused on the spot), as a Good will gesture Voda offered 2Gb of data free adding to my wifes account to appologise for all the hassle, Accepted the offer.

Only to recieve a text just after the Chat session ended to be told that it has not been possible to add the extra data to her account and if we wanted more data to log on and choose a chargeable add-on !!!

23rd November - PM received from Forum Team requesting contact info to resolve my issue - provided info and insisted team to call my other network number (remember I didint get a phone or Sim delivered, as order was cancelled) and NOT my other Voda account number as this is My Wifes and She is unable to take Calls through the day at work.

Numerous missed calls on My Wifes phone Later another PM was received to say that Voda could not contact me (Not one missed call on my Phone though - the number which i provided)

23rd November - Chat session to find out what the Hell is going on, was told AGAIN that my refund would be in my account  within 24 hours.

28th November - Rang Vodafone to complain, was told that the refund could not be paid into my Bank and would have to be added as a credit to my existing account only, we agreed on 2 months free line rental (My wifes is only 11.50 per month) and the refund is only for 20 quid (its the principle I'm fighting for here !!

29th November - Private message received from Vodafone requesting contact information as they are unable to get in touch with me (3rd TIme I have provided this) and also after the 2 months free line rental has been agreed.

Sent message with contact details again.

1st Dec - PM received to inform me.....

Due to the amount of queries we receive on the eForum, we’re unable to respond to PM’s. Please follow one of the options below, to ensure your query is resolved as quickly as possible.

##~## Vodafone, you asked me to provide this by PM.

IF the line rental is charged this month or the next on my wifes account (which will be getting cancelled, as its up in Feb) I will be going through the small claims court, purely to force Vodafone to pay the Court fee plus the refund.

As they are utterly incompetent...

Warn your friends and loved ones... Steer well clear of this sham of a Company.

adrockuk
If that was sent other company it would be bordering on unbelievable. I get the idea that it's just normal for Vodafone.

adrockuk
(any other company)

gpd1965
@djewson I agree and my story is pretty similar however i think i have mine now resolved (although being Vodafone I do need to wait a few more days to ensure this months bill is correct.

I have now agreed a total of £263 refund and my contract back to how if was. The silly thing is that i had previously proposed 12month contract on s7 edge which would have cost Vodafone less

i havent even managed to send mine back yet.

i bave been in touch with the forum team but never hear anything more.

i have no idea what i should do next. maybe hand deliver it to the CEO.?

thompsonmp
4: Newbie
You'd probably be arrested for giving him an explosive device

@adrockuk @thompsonmp I've sent you both a private message with details on how to get in touch.

I am having exactly the same issues. Apologies for the long message but I have to hope someone from Vodafone actually reads these forum posts and I think I deserve a rant.

I came on this forum on a whim and I am simply staggered to believe that other people are having identical issues.

- I ordered my Note 7 for delivery on the 30th of August, Paid £20 upfront for a 20GB deal which cost £56.70 a month.

- The phone was replaced in September when DPD came to my door and gave me a replacement phone (with a new IMEI of course)

- 11th October, news of the complete recall of the Note 7 breaks and I contacted Vodafone to send the second phone back and was told a royal mail returns bag would be sent out in the next 7 days

- 7 days came and went and I had to call vodafone myself to explain everything (a common theme throughout) and they told me Royal Mail were not accepting returns and it had to be done via DPD and a returns bag would be sent out in the next 7 days. I suppose Vodafone thought I would guess this through my psychic powers, but they didn't.

- a week later I receive a padded envelope with just 2 pieces of paper in and had to arrange my own return.

- DPD mess me around (Granted, not vodafones fault) until 25/10/16 when it is finally delivered to the Vodafone warehouse, some company called Unipart, the following day.

This is where it all goes wrong...

Because the second Note7, with the new IMEI, was not registered to my account they didn't record the return against my account and it, apparently, got stuck in 'open' from this, and literally nothing happened until I, yet again, had to call.

What is most frustrating is that every single time I call I have to explain this sorry tale to people on the other end of the phone. Some have been helpful, especially a lady called Jessica from the early life retention team, some have been utterly clueless.

Somehow a second return was generated on my account on 17/11 which remain stuck in an open state, not suprisingly, because I have nothing left to return.

I have had some positive action, I have had future bills cancelled and a refuend of the inital £20 I spent but nothing has been rectified yet.

I have bought myself a Oneplus 3 (great phone by the way) and wanted to get a SIM only deal on vodafone to replace my contract, for just a few months, until a new device comes on the market that takes my fancy however, this messing around has seen deals come and go.

I have recently had contact from Parvinder, from the customer relations team, who has promised me he would sort the issue but it STILL isn't sorted. I'm constantly faced with a 'computer says no' situation.

Weekly hour long phone calls are beginning to grate. Being asked for proof of postage over a month after the second phone was delivered grates even more.

I'm not a greedy man. I simply want returning to my old contract and a refund of the money that I have spent so far on the repayment of the faulty device (I understand some of the monthly fee is to pay for the service and some to repay the phone, I only want the latter refunded, even if it is a small amount, it is mine).

Three currently have a great deal for £15 a month for 30GB of data. Guess where I'll be going next....

Vodafone - Good indoor signal, absolutely shambolic aftercare and customer service.