Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy Note 7 Pre-Order issues

GrumGrum
4: Newbie

Hi all 

First post here! trying to find out more about my Note 7 Pre-order as ive not heard anything since the initial order.

Has anyone had confirmation they will be getting it on the 30/8?

Tried chat and 191 both saying different things as is in store. Also the tracking is not working yet because it is a pre-order.

I know there are some supply issues but I will need to amend delivery address if im not getting it on the tuesday and obviously dont have much time to change anything.

any help would be appricated.

571 REPLIES 571

Jacko20jj
7: Helper
7: Helper
Iv just read it on various websites that other markets ain't effective so won't be difficult for you to find the same stories either dr drey. Obviously if ur that interested like you claim then you would of actually made some effort to find the storys. But I sense it's because you have nothing better to do than comment on every post going on the forum without actually providing any help to anyone at all.

It's common for companies like Samsung to address their home market as a priority as the reputation matters more to them and products are already shipping, so I wouldn't accept that it's just Korea at this stage. If it was a faulty part from one supplier, they'd probably do a recall which suggests the issue is more generic or unknown.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Jacko20jj wrote:
Iv just read it on various websites that other markets ain't effective so won't be difficult for you to find the same stories either dr drey. Obviously if ur that interested like you claim then you would of actually made some effort to find the storys. But I sense it's because you have nothing better to do than comment on every post going on the forum without actually providing any help to anyone at all.

With all due respect, the results I found were all pointing to the fact that Samsung hadn't clearly indicated which markets were affected, hence me asking you for links to the articles you had read.  However, that doesn't matter now.

As for the last part of your statement, I don't comment on every single post going. You will find that I do actually provide a lot of help which is evidenced from the amount of thanks I have recevied from other forum members and the Vodafone eForum Team.

Ealier you said:

@Jacko20jj wrote:
That's not why only delayed in Korea European markets not effected

It has most definitely been delayed here in the UK due to the battery issue.  Please take a look at this statement from Vodafone.  It very clearly states that the S7 Note has been delayed here in the UK due to the battery issues.

PWIAC

The link to the announcement you posted - it ##~## me off. Doesn't Vodafone have the brains to send that as an email to people who have ordered the handset and are expecting delivery today? What's the point posting on a forum - I literally came here yesterday after finding complaints via google, but otherwise majority of people would be trying to call vodafone only to be told that their orders can't even be found. 

Vodafone needs some serious rejig of their customer service - it'd be fine if they excelled in data speed, signal quality, roaming, pricing - ANY metric but given they're bad all around the least they can do is have customer service and hope for customers to stick around for a good experience?

Farda2
3: Seeker
I received a defected note 7 which freezes and reboots 6 times a day.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Farda2 wrote:
I received a defected note 7 which freezes and reboots 6 times a day.

If a factory reset doesn't help then Have you sent it back for a replacement. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Lummex

I preordered on the 16th at about 10am. Like many others haven't received my phone yet. I confirmed with customer services last week I'd be able to pick it up from my local store and so took the day off work (couldn't have it delivered home as I needed to run some errands and sod's law says DPD comes when I'm out!). Tuesday comes and 2 hours talking to customer services gets me the update that "all preorders have shipped from the warehouse to arrive instore today". It didn't. Yesterday they told me that it will be delivered Friday, but then told me the warehouse has no stock at all and it should be coming in today.

Vodafone are terrible at managing expectations. If when I preordered it said I'd get it on release day (i.e. tomorrow) I wouldn't have an issue, but I was told I'd get it Tuesday, so am fairly narked at the minute. Struggling to understand how orders placed after mine have been fulfilled too... Slightly jealous!   

Ordered on 16th too. Not a word from VF. I called them and chatted with them today - they can't even find the order as its a preorder. When I ordered the website said for 2nd Sept delivery, although after reading this thread and dealing with their horrendous service on the phone I'm less confident of that date!

faraz4fun
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I ordered on 17 meant to be receiving the handset on Tuesday not a single word from Vodafone when will I receive it after various calls and online chats no one has a clue . pathetic way to treat customers by Vodafone don't advertise what you can't fulfill.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@faraz4fun wrote:
I ordered on 17 meant to be receiving the handset on Tuesday not a single word from Vodafone when will I receive it after various calls and online chats no one has a clue . pathetic way to treat customers by Vodafone don't advertise what you can't fulfill.

@faraz4fun Vodafone are completely in the hands of the manufacture when it comes to supply. 

Vodafone would order enough devices to meet the anticipated demand but if the manufacturer is unable to supply enough devices then through no fault of Vodafone it is the customer who suffers.

In the case of this Samsung device we know that the launch has now been halted owing to a number of tne phones having exploding batteries.

This is a worldwide problem and although shops here in Thailand are well stocked with tne phone selling has been stopped until further notice.