Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy Note 7 Pre-Order issues

GrumGrum
4: Newbie

Hi all 

First post here! trying to find out more about my Note 7 Pre-order as ive not heard anything since the initial order.

Has anyone had confirmation they will be getting it on the 30/8?

Tried chat and 191 both saying different things as is in store. Also the tracking is not working yet because it is a pre-order.

I know there are some supply issues but I will need to amend delivery address if im not getting it on the tuesday and obviously dont have much time to change anything.

any help would be appricated.

571 REPLIES 571

Just contacted my Prime contact and it appears there are bigger issues than just a day delay on the horizon (although this is just my opinion).

I order on the first day of proper pre-order (20th September). Between 16th - 19th Vodafone said to me that they had system issues and i could only place my order on the 20th.

It was confirmed (and therefore implied) at the point of sale that the first phones were going out on the 29th..... i am still without a phone... and will be for sometime.

Apparently a statement to those who have pre-ordered but have yet to recieve the devices is coming out by Vodafone over the weekend. My interpretation of this is that my phone isnt going to be with me Monday which is slightly fustrating as i could of gone through this saga with Carphonewarehouse and actually have a device by now.

Reading twitter and the internet says to me that this isnt Vodafones fault, my guess would be that Samsung havent honored and supplied the handsets due to this overheating phone battery goes bang issue.

Biggest issue for Vodafone now is that by the time i get my handset the Iphone 7 will be on its way (im going to assume i wont have it for another week or two) and tbh that might be awfully tempting considering the concerns with batteries going bang and the amount i fly (albiet if someone else phone goes bang on a plane im sure i'll have bigger issues to deal with).

Anyway thats my small update.......

true - no fault of vodafone, but they least they could do is communicate to people who've dropped hundreds in the new phone and plans and assure them they'll fulfil the order. It's basic customer management. 

The people posting here aren't ##~## off at Samsung, they're ##~## off at Vodafone for being left in the dark and having customer services who can't even tell them accurate information. 

I'm sure like you, i've just recieved a text saying come here for more information.... where's the press release?

Yep I got a text saying mine might be dealyed annoying thing is im trying not to use the one I've got too much (dont want to scratch it!) so I can get my proper order fulfilled.

I have a sneaky suspicion that mine will get recalled and Vodafone may need to do something about that as I'll be without a phone.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@TomTom80 wrote:

I'm sure like you, i've just recieved a text saying come here for more information.... where's the press release?

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Announcements/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-7/m-p/2513767#M212

jaygrim
I got mine on Tuesday and I love it only problem is vodafone just text me to tell me the phone I already have is being delayed. Rumours all over the internet is that they are catching fire whilst being charged.

kylie18
Just had a text off vodafone saying my phone due for delivery today is delayed....only thing is I actually had the phone delivered on Tuesday!!

So is it actually safe to charge or not?

kids

@kylie18 wrote:
Just had a text off vodafone saying my phone due for delivery today is delayed....only thing is I actually had the phone delivered on Tuesday!!

So is it actually safe to charge or not?

Knowing what is known about some batteries exploding  I would err on tbe side of caution and not charge it, as although Samsung say only a small percentage are affected they do not say where these phones are.

I'm in the same boat, i had the text message but i already have my phone.  What i did do though is go into settings and turn off fast charge (just in case) and i'm not leaving it on charge overnight while we're sleeping.  I'm charging it right next to me on my desk as i'm working during the day.

Hopefully samsung will clarify things ASAP 😕

has anyone tried the link in the text message - I cant see anything about the note 7 there.

:Confused_face: