Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S7 Edge + Gear Fit2 promo

OwenMcShane
7: Helper
7: Helper

Hi,

I have been trying to take advantage of the free Gear Fit2 promo that came with my recent upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.

All the evidence I have of my purchase is a despatch note from Vodafone which Samsung are saying is not enough, as it doesn't say when the order was placed.

The upgrade was arranged by telephone. What can I do?

Can vodafone provide me with a pdf of an invoice for my transaction or some such?

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
15 REPLIES 15

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

Look at

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/proof-of-purchase/

and How-do-I-get-a-proof-of-purchase-usage-or-barring.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Just thinking did Vodafone not email you anything you could use when you upgraded ? Check spam folders too. 

If not please look at the links. 

Current Phone  >

I got an order confirmation mail, but Samsung say that isn't good enough either.

In fairness, it thanks me for my order, but doesn't say what it is.

Ok.

Yes Samsung are kind of strict as it's a promotion of theirs. 

Please do use the links and keep an eye on any relevant timeframe for claiming the freebie. 

Current Phone  >

It turns out a forwarded copy of my Vodafone order confirmation mail, including all headers, was insufficient evidence of purchase.

However, a windows snipping tool window grab of the mail, containing much less info, saved as a jpg is just fine, and my claim has been validated. Go figure!

So looks like I won't be needing the proof of purchase.

Thanks anyway for your swift help.

Hi @OwenMcShane

Thanks for letting us know. 

:Smiling: 

Thanks,

I've filled in that form. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again.

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member
Hi did you get past the claim received stage.I put my claim in 3 weeks ago but so far have only got a claim received message.I'm the same as you and upgraded my phone.and only had the same info to upload

Hi,

it took 3 weeks and 2 days after submitting my claim to get a reply from Samsung saying my claim was on hold due to lack of purchase evidence.

I submitted a screenshot of the Vodafone "Thank you for your order" email, and 3 days later my claim was validated. That was a week ago today.

Not arrived yet, but the email does say in the next 30 days.

If you haven't heard back yet, you probably will soon. Or you could give them a ring on 03432 084 777. Chap I spoke to was quite helpful (if slightly misleading in his advice). They should be able to tell you where your claim is up to.

If you have the Claim ID, you can track it here as well: https://offers.samsungpromotions.claims/