Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S7 WiFi Calling

FortBillGuy
3: Seeker
Really poor show here vodafone. I renewed my contract for another two years because of the promises made by several of your employees - through live chat and on the phone - about WiFi calling being available on the S7 straight out of the box. Bit of a lie that one is it not? Where are the customer service advisors given this information from? Is it just made up on the spot to appease this daft customer paying £45 a month who has to go out to the garden to send a text message?

If it's going to be coming to the S7, great. If not, then please explain why not. If it's coming a date would be appreciated. Not a "we're working on it". That's not good enough here - not for a flagship phone. If EE have it working, surely vodafone can too?

If there is no positive outcome to this within 7 days through the forum - my phone is being returned, my contract is being cancelled and there will be a formal complaint made to ofcom as I have been mis-sold a product. It seems like I am not alone in this issue of WiFi calling, I would hope others also consider these steps for a swift resolution.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @FortBillGuy

There isn't a compatibility reason why Vodafone cannot add this phone model to the Wifi Calling capability and the firmware looks to be fine too.

I think even so they'll possibly want to test it anyway to ensure there isn't any bugs that can affect their customers. I understand the critism of calling over wifi but the criticism is much on a larger scale if a problem did exist.

Another best place to watch is on Vodafones Blog and on the dedicated calling over wifi page.

Customer service wouldn't see you post here nor respond to it as any specific Enquires like this need to go through customer service - like you have done.

Did you retain the chat logs from live chat to prove what you were advised. Not all calls to customer service are recorded and those that are - are retained for 60 days. If you were advised as you state then you do have grounds for a grievance. A person can write to customer service via the correspondence address at the foot of the forum page. 

Vodafone tech do respond on the eforum in connection to posts connected to signal / mast issues and sure signal enquiries. 

Im sure your aware you have 14 days from recieving the phone to cancel in the cooling off period. 

Whichever decision you take I wish you all the best. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

jeffkinn

This forum is not a customer services channel and you'll hear nothing from Vodafone here. It's a customer self help forum only.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

FortBillGuy
Noticed a few answers from the techteam folks. Just want to create a bit of noise behind it and try and push this. Essentially, they're lying and nothing is being done about it.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @FortBillGuy

There isn't a compatibility reason why Vodafone cannot add this phone model to the Wifi Calling capability and the firmware looks to be fine too.

I think even so they'll possibly want to test it anyway to ensure there isn't any bugs that can affect their customers. I understand the critism of calling over wifi but the criticism is much on a larger scale if a problem did exist.

Another best place to watch is on Vodafones Blog and on the dedicated calling over wifi page.

Customer service wouldn't see you post here nor respond to it as any specific Enquires like this need to go through customer service - like you have done.

Did you retain the chat logs from live chat to prove what you were advised. Not all calls to customer service are recorded and those that are - are retained for 60 days. If you were advised as you state then you do have grounds for a grievance. A person can write to customer service via the correspondence address at the foot of the forum page. 

Vodafone tech do respond on the eforum in connection to posts connected to signal / mast issues and sure signal enquiries. 

Im sure your aware you have 14 days from recieving the phone to cancel in the cooling off period. 

Whichever decision you take I wish you all the best. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have a solution for this problem!

Bought a brand new Galaxy S7 on the 7th of Feb 2016 and have finally managed to switch on the wifi calling. 

I bought the phone as I have no phone signal at home and had been told wifi calling was an option. 

However, when I looked on the menu settings under Applications > Phone there was no wifi calling option on the menu. 

After being passed back and forth between 6 advisors, the tech team, Saumsung and even spending 2 hours in a vodafone store where they opened up two brand new models and was told it was a fault with the phone, it has finally been solved! 

Text CALLING three to 97888. You will receieve a message saying we will add wifi calling to your account. This IS NOT the same as calling vodafone to have it allowed on your account, I had tried that three times by this point. 

Within 24 hours restart your phone and the option will have magically appeared. 

I am so encouraged to write this because all bar one of the people I spoke to on your tech team and the guys in your store had no idea how to do this and had fielded the same question from unhappy customers. It took 3 days and constant questionsing from me to get this simple solution. Please train your staff how to do this!!!

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Lm0264 It's great to hear you've got this resolved. Thanks for letting us know what's happened and the steps you took. 

FortBillGuy
Really poor show here vodafone. I renewed my contract for another two years because of the promises made by several of your employees - through live chat and on the phone - about WiFi calling being available on the S7 straight out of the box. Bit of a lie that one is it not? Where are the customer service advisors given this information from? Is it just made up on the spot to appease this daft customer paying £45 a month who has to go out to the garden to send a text message?

If it's going to be coming to the S7, great. If not, then please explain why not. If it's coming a date would be appreciated. Not a "we're working on it". That's not good enough here - not for a flagship phone. If EE have it working, surely vodafone can too?

If there is no positive outcome to this within 7 days through the forum - my phone is being returned, my contract is being cancelled and there will be a formal complaint made to ofcom as I have been mis-sold a product. It seems like I am not alone in this issue of WiFi calling, I would hope others also consider these steps for a swift resolution.

Jake01
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

After a month on and off the phone to Vodafone as to why Wifi calling will not work on my Samsung Galaxy S7 I finally have the answer for anyone with a S6 or S7. The Vodafone customer service guy I spoke with put me through to Samsung UK who advised me that the latest android update on the phones had deleted the WIFI calling app from all the phone that downloaded the upate, its not a Samsung or Vodafone issue it is an Android update issue, they are not sure when the next update will be available but they have assured me the WIFI calling feature will fixed and will be reinstated on any compatable phones such as the S6 & S7.

I hope this is of help to anyone like me that has been frustrated for the last several weeks!

Any update to this thread? Is wifi calling working on the S7? I see a separate recent thread here says a recent Android update disabled it.

Retired-Viki_R
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @sc597

Wifi calling is available on the S7 if bought directly from Vodafone.

Please see information on how to set this up here.

Thanks,

Viki