Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy note 4 Shutting down at 30% battery

Spoilthamster
1: Seeker

My phone is shtting down when the battey gets between 30 and 40%.

I am then unable to turn the phone back on until i have plugged the charger in.
I have done a fctory reset but he problem is still there.

TIA 

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

It maybe worth checking with Samsung Uk Support or if you have one local a Samsung Uk Service Centre. 

You may need a new Samsung battery. 

Links >

Samsung Service Centre.

Samsung Uk Support.

"Note 4 Switches off At 40% Battery Level

Problem: Hello Sir, I can’t understand what’s actually going on with my note 4 battery. My phone keeps switching off at 40% after fully charging it. The most puzzling part is it charges back up to 100% in about 30 minutes. I checked my battery statistics and noticed that Android system is draining it the most followed by screen. But what concerns me the most is why it keeps shutting off at 40%? Please help.

Solution: If this problem keeps on happening the first thing to check is if the problem is software related. Based on the battery statistics that you provided it appears to be normal as it is the Android OS that usually consumes the most battery life. This is followed by the screen if you constantly use the phone. There’s a possibility that some form of corrupt data in your phone is causing the problem. If you have a microSD card installed in your phone then try taking it out first then check if the issue still occurs. If it does, then I suggest you start your phone in recovery mode then wipe its cache partition. This deletes the temporary data in your phone which if corrupted can cause this type of problem. If wiping the cache partition does not fix the problem then I suggest you backup your phone data and do a factory reset." From Here.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.