Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Getting hundreds of 'SIM card changed or setting changed' messages on Galaxy S8

powell1967
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have starte to receive endless texts from Vodafone saying

"It looks like you've swapped your SIM or updated your software. If you want to continue using data and picture messaging, you'll need to update your settings. We'll send you these by text shortly"

After each one, I then get a configuration message for applicaton 'Contract WAP browser', but if you install it it makes no difference.

I have contacted Vodafone through the chat system twice, but it's still happening. 

I haven't changed my SIM or settings! I used to get this on  my S6, but only after an Android update.

Andy ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

Nabs
17: Community Champion

@powell1967 are you connecting to an external device that allows you to make calls, a car's hands free or speaker systems for example?

I have bluetooth in my car which I use, and it's connected to my Samsung Gear Watch, but I have had the phone since 20th April without issue. It's gone mad in the last three days!

Nabs

Fair enough. I've seen instances where some car bluetooth systems cause this issue. 
How old is your SIM? If it a particularly old card then it could be that the contacts are worn and it's not sitting correctly on the phone. 

The SIM is at least two years old. They did give me a new SIM for the S8, and said they had done a SIM swap and it would switch over, but after about 6 hours it still hadn't so I put the old SIM in and it worked fine, so I have left it.

Nabs

Might be worth trying the SIM swap again. 
You can do it all online, instructions are available here, the form needed is this one

If the SIM Swap doesn't work take a look at this page

Worst case you might need to take a trip to your local Vodafone store who will be able to process a SIM Swap for you whilst you wait. In my experience, it's all usually done within about 10 mins and the new SIM is often working before leaving the shop.

Hopefully a new SIM will stop the messages, let us know how you get on 🙂

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Hi

Some times a soft reset or just restarting your phone can help.

Simple to do and you've nothing to lose.

I restart my phone about once a week to get rid of the cobwebs 😎

Well, 6 hours after a SIM swap, no more texts, looks promising!

Nabs

Fingers crossed that's it sorted for you now @powell1967

Let us know how you get on over the weekend 🙂