cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Google Assistant > Anyone received this new feature yet ?

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Source : Pocket-Lint. 

Link : What-is-google-assistant-how-does-it-work-and-which-devices-offer-it

Google Assistant.

After trying out various assistants such as Cortana and Siri I found they could sometimes be a little hit and miss and I mostly used them for initiating a call, dictating a text and sending it or setting an alarm or creating a Reminder or Calendar entry. 

Looking forward to trying this one. 

Do you use these assistants for similar reasons ?

Do they come in handy in the car for hands free usage reasons ?

IMG_0947.JPG

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

47 REPLIES 47

So having a play around and changing the phones settings to English Us my phone updated to The new Google Assistant. 

I've since changed the language back to English UK 2 days ago and the Google Assistant has remained. :Smiling:

Screenshot_20170418-200842.png

Current Phone  >

Hi @BandOfBrothers,

I believe Google released a few updates recently i.e. Google play services and a few others which would enable Google assistant to run on English UK so it should be ok for everyone to change back to there original language and hopefully it should be ok.

There also adding a Google payment option into Google assistant which is still under development at the moment l have it on my beta version of Google assistant now but it's not activated yet but it should be ready soon for beta testing soon.

:robotmad:

BandOfBrothers

Hey @Stevie1

Google has enough of my information ! Lol. 

I use Android Pay. 

Yeah I changed language, updated to Assistant and then changed back to uk and it's held.

That said I'll be buying the s8 soon  (s8+ is a little too tall for me), so it'll be Bixby's turn to be waiting to be updated. 

Current Phone  >

I was going to get the S8+ but i have now decided to wait for the note 8 to be released hopefully by the end of this year. As for Bixby you do no Samsung has decided not to release the full version in the UK it will not have any voice activation yet and won't until around October September time.

You will still be able to use all of Bixbys other features until then though.

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

I pressing the home button to see if it will update.

I'm sure I read in one of your previous threads.that that is the way to get it on an s7 edge

Stevie1
14: Advanced member

Hi Skyman513,

If you want Google assistant try this,

Go to your phone's settings change your default language to English US then go to the play store and uninstall the Google app wait until it uninstalls then press the update box leave play store

now long press your home button

you should now have the US

version of Google assistant follow

instructions to set up. Leave your

default language as English US for

a couple of days before reverting it

back to English UK

SKYMAN513

Thanks STEVIE1 (APOLOGIES)

Especially making it easier to understand 

I found somewhere else on here but I didn't see it through sounded to technical 

That's like a step by step guide much appreciated as always.

SKYMAN513

Hi stevie1

Can I ask your reason for not getting the s8.?

I've heard a lot of top reviewers say if you already have an s7 edge then the extra features is not worth the extra price.

But as people are just starting to get them i am also hearing it blows the 7 edge out of the water

(I hope not if I had waited 2 months I could of upgraded from s5 to s8 but couldn't Walt so I went from s5 to 7 edge with a free gear fit )

Although it is obvious the s8 is something special 

But I read one review were he said the s7 edge doesn't even come close. So its all down to individual needs and preferences 

But still the s7 edge is a cracking phone 

IT would be interesting to hear if anyone is upgrading to a s8 from an s7?

And is it totally a different phone or just a highly refined s7edge with a couple of unique features

I've not looked buy

at any reviews on you tube (didn't want toy

to put myself on a downer

And not been in any stores so have not even seen one in the flesh just to add I did read and see pictures with a red tint on the screen but I'm sure Samsung would of sorted that as soon as they found out 

They have too much riding on the next couple of releases I don't think they would survive another major device malfunction and that one one problem alone cost them billions I believe and lost a lot of loyal customers out of concern and not bad service.

Stevie1

Hi Skyman513,

It's just down to a personal choice really, i like my S7 edge and have played around with the S8+ at my local cpw and yeah it's a really good phone packed with a lot of new features but if l am honest l prefer the galaxy notes better l was going to get the note 7 but glad l didn't due to all the problems they had with it that's why l got the S7 edge. But when the new note 8 comes out around October or September time l will definitely be getting one.

Stevie1

Hi Skyman513,

It's just down to a personal choice really, i like my S7 edge and have played around with the S8+ at my local cpw and yeah it's a really good phone packed with a lot of new features but if l am honest l prefer the galaxy notes better l was going to get the note 7 but glad l didn't due to all the problems they had with it that's why l got the S7 edge. But when the new note 8 comes out around October or September time l will definitely be getting one.