Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Google play servicer

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Hi this is probably not an issue but I'm just after peace of mind.

For the last couple of months whilst I'm online 

A download arrow will appear in as a notification on the status bar,

for about 6 seconds and then when I pull down from the top of the screen,

the notification is showing that Google play is down loading something.

but it is that quick I don't have chance to press on it.

my concern is I normally I have to go to the play store and down load manually as I don't have WiFi.

And this is doing it automatically and my settings are set to manual as I only use mobile data

The only reason I can think off is that it is updating Google play itself (I hope)

Can any shed any light on this please 

And if any one else seen it

As I had an s5,

and in the previous 2 years that I used it  I never saw it once.

Note it has only done it about 4 times in total it's not constant

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stevie1
14: Advanced member

Hi Skyman513,

Your right it's not an issue it will probably be an update for Google play services which will update it self via WiFi or data even if you have it set up to use manually it's nothing you can control as it's needed to run quite a few apps from Google and even some system apps of android 7. 

:robotmad:

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hey @SKYMAN513

I hope you are well.   :Smiling:

I've not seen this on my Samsung Galaxy s8 but that's not to say it's happening. 

To be honest my phones always pretty busy updating or downloading something. 

I do all this personally over Mobile Data even when st home. I have Wifi turned off. 

A smartphone does as your aware have quite a lot of preferences settings to tweak how and when it updates an app or phone system. 

It maybe worth just double checking these types of settings but I'm thinking along the lines that 6 seconds isn't that much time for anything large to update etc. Take a peek in your Data Monitor  Samsung Data Usage FAQs.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Stevie1

Hi Skyman513,

Your right it's not an issue it will probably be an update for Google play services which will update it self via WiFi or data even if you have it set up to use manually it's nothing you can control as it's needed to run quite a few apps from Google and even some system apps of android 7. 

:robotmad: