Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC 10 - When?

neil_dennis
4: Newbie

Hello Vodafone,

I know, for some odd reason, you decided to snub the new HTC M10 at its launch and said you weren't going to stock it but when will you, in reality, have it available so that I can upgrade from my dying HTC M7.  

According to this:  http://www.stuff.tv/news/best-htc-10-uk-contract-deals   it is possible to get a Vodafone contract for an M10, albeit through a third party.   The only response I get from your stores is "Computer says No".

I have a business account with you and wish to (1) stay with HTC because I like the kit, and stay with you, and (2) upgrade to the M10.   So when can I do this or are you really telling me to s*d off and take my business to EE or 3?

17 REPLIES 17

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @neil_dennis

Vodafone won't make comment on their business strategy.

Normally it's advised to keep an eye on Vodafones Blog -> Phones

I appreciate it's frustrating when a phone isn't released by a network. 

Your alternatives are to try an Independent such as Carphone Warehouse {ensure they upgrade you properly and not open up a 2nd line. Some discounts such as VEA are not available if the contract isn't opened up with Vodafone directly and essentially you become CPW's Customer}, buy sim free or buy from a Highstreet Chain such as CEX who buy and sell phones with some being unwanted upgrades. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the suggestions of alternatives.  I'd rather stay with a network directly than go through a third party that may, as you rightly point out, may screw up the relationship.   Oh well ....  So .... EE is it, then.   Oh heck.

You're very welcome:)

When a person intimates they may leave the Network I feel it warranted to say....

"Please take into consideration that not every Network provides the same signal strengths and Data Speeds everywhere, and in the same area. I assume to this point Vodafone have overall supplied a useable Service. Moving Networks may affect this this."

Testing out signal and data speeds is best carried out by using a Networks Payg Sim Card before signing up. Online Network Checkers are for indication only. 

Remember you can also unlock your phone free of charge. 

Unlocking-your-phone-NUC

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn
Vodafone has made it quite clear that they won't supplying the HTC 10 did it's highly unlikely that the decision will change in the future.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

A Vodafone Announcement on 14/4/16. 

Vodafone-Announcements -> HTC-10.

Current Phone  >

Yeah, I saw that.   Just wondered, after 3 months, if they might have seen a bit of (HTC) Sense, so to speak, in the interim.  Plainly not.  Oh well - they'll lose me as a customer now.

It was worth a shot in case it had changed its mind in the interim.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@neil_dennis wrote:

According to this:  http://www.stuff.tv/news/best-htc-10-uk-contract-deals   it is possible to get a Vodafone contract for an M10, albeit through a third party.   The only response I get from your stores is "Computer says No".

As you have seen, that the deal is not available directly through Vodafone. This is because the bundle you see isn't actually supplied by Vodafone - it is supplied by Mobiles.co.uk.  You may not be aware but third party suppliers often buy their own phones and bundle them with an airtime contract.  The phone itself is supplied by the third party and not Vodafone.

The stores were quite correct when they told you that it wasn't available directly through them.

PWIAC

jeffkinn

@SheikhRashid wrote:

HTC 10, without doubt, the best mobile phone ever to come from HTC and possibly the new ‘King of the Androids’!”

You might think that but the sales figures don't bear it out. There are lots of news stories that HTC 10 sales are poor and HTC the company is still struggling with huge losses. That is why this network and lots of others are not stocking this device. They'd rather invest in successful handsets. It's a terrible shame but it's basic business economics.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png