Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC 10 on Vodafone

LordLanky
6: Helper
So, exciting news about the HTC 10 yesterday.
The leaks left me doubting if the device was good enough, but initial reviews suggest it might have got it right.

In the meantime TechRadar suggests VF are sitting on the fence about whether to stock it.

I'm sure a helpful VF member of staff will point us to the pointless "Coming Soon" page. Thanks for that.

Meantime here in the real world who would like VF to stock the HTC 10?
Is it incredible or even possible that VF are considering to NOT run with it?
291 REPLIES 291

Interesting, Xperia X is available for pre order, and free home delivery is in 1-2 weeks. The phone can be found in the Coming Soon section. If the are going to have HTC 10 in a few weeks I guess it must be their secret weapon as it does not show in the Coming Soon section :Smiling: 

My personal experience is that people at VF say anything to say what you want to hear or to get rid of you... and they are terrible at keeping promises about "a guaranteed callback"

Time will tell...

Spoke to a lad in the business team today that told me that VF are wary of the 10 due to the complaints they recieved over the 9 overheating! :smileyindifferent:

Sounds like they're waiting for feedback on the 10 before comitting to stock?

I'm seriously thinking of buying one outright now & squeezing VF for a good SIM only plan. Anyone know of any discount codes or good deals out there right now?

Ive just been informed by "Rox" that VF will not be stocking HTC 10, and would have them already if they were. if you want on VF u have to buy thru a third party

jacippet
3: Seeker

Persoanlly I would take that with a very large shovel of salt! I spent over 60mins on live chat countering some good arguements why I should not have an S7 edge before I was offered a 50% discount on a sim only. In almost 20 years of haggling with Vodafone Ive never known such a discount to keep a customer! Imho play hard ball, get a sim only, and find a way of getting low or interest free finance for the phone.

In my case....

Sim 8Gb Red Value Bundle plus phone slightly less than £40pcm

Compared to EE

10Gb plan £50.99pcm plus £29.99 

Thats a no brainer and even if phone comes to vodafone I can see the monthly charge being less than £40 for what I have.

ken287910
I am happy to wait a week but after that I am going to look around I just hope they are telling me the truth.

ken287910
I am going to order the HTC 10 online and go sim only, not very happy to be told the item is in stock by one person then another says no stock.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@ken287910 wrote:
I am going to order the HTC 10 online and go sim only, not very happy to be told the item is in stock by one person then another says no stock.

Despite the nonsense given out by some CS agents, Vodafone has officially made it abundantly clear from well before the launch date of the 10 that they weren't going to stock it. If you want that phone and stay with this network you'll have to buy one sim free.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

bizarre_adz
4: Newbie
Or.... You'll have to go via a 3rd party provider like CPW!

RE: The small token of appreciation in US. It started shipping and it's a bloody USB-C CABLE... HTC US taking the ##~## But on the other hand they get the UH OH protection to balance out the missing earphones. Plus this cable now, every little helps I guess.

http://pocketnow.com/2016/06/02/htc-10-early-buyers-receive-free-usb-type-c-cables

[Mod edit: Inappropriate content removed. Please refer to the community guidelines

LordLanky
I just bought some micro to C adapters to see me through.

(Typed on my HTC 10 SIM Free)