Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC 10 on Vodafone

LordLanky
6: Helper
6: Helper
So, exciting news about the HTC 10 yesterday.
The leaks left me doubting if the device was good enough, but initial reviews suggest it might have got it right.

In the meantime TechRadar suggests VF are sitting on the fence about whether to stock it.

I'm sure a helpful VF member of staff will point us to the pointless "Coming Soon" page. Thanks for that.

Meantime here in the real world who would like VF to stock the HTC 10?
Is it incredible or even possible that VF are considering to NOT run with it?
291 REPLIES 291

harkin252
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I doesn't make any sense for VF not to offer loyal customers great phones like the HTC 10, OnePlus t3 and Google Pixel. It seems like the the loyal customer that do there research an know what phones are good are getting penalised and expected expected to be sheep like everyone else and get the latest I phone or Samsung Galaxy (still good phones) What ever happened to freedom of choice. Also VF suggest solution is ridiculous bit the phone out right an then get a sim only contract. Meaning you would have to pay £400 + and then still have to pay a monthly contract. The only alternative is to buy through a 3rd party but a gain you get penalised as you lose some if the benefits of being on Vodafone in the first place. Vodafone please reconsider to stancestors.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I'm afraid it makes perfect sense from the company's point of view.

Adding a phone to the range is an expensive business, especially if it's an Android device. They have to be extensively tested to ensure they are fully compatible with the network. They have to be branded as Vodafone will not sell unbranded Android handsets. Finally, they have to be stocked and added to all of their internal systems.

And all of a handset that only a tiny handful of people are every going to want to purchase. They would lose a fortune on every phone sold and Vodafone is in business to make money and not to lose it.

They'll never add handsets to their range that are not going to sell in large numbers.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png