Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC 10 on Vodafone

LordLanky
6: Helper
6: Helper
So, exciting news about the HTC 10 yesterday.
The leaks left me doubting if the device was good enough, but initial reviews suggest it might have got it right.

In the meantime TechRadar suggests VF are sitting on the fence about whether to stock it.

I'm sure a helpful VF member of staff will point us to the pointless "Coming Soon" page. Thanks for that.

Meantime here in the real world who would like VF to stock the HTC 10?
Is it incredible or even possible that VF are considering to NOT run with it?
291 REPLIES 291

IWonder
4: Newbie

@zorica I fully understand, I get quite annoyed with poor communication, it's a particular bug bear of mine and for a communications company to be poor at it is even worse.  I've been with Vodafone for 16 years and have been pretty pleased, but with Three they have a free European travelling program, works the same as Eurotraveller but free, so it may sway me.  I am going to give a few more days, but I am not going to leave it too much longer than that because i do not want to miss deals that are on.  As you say, change is a pain, but sometimes works out for the best anyway.  I explained to Vodafone that I thought they were going to lose not only loyal customers, but also new ones by procrastinating on this. Still no great problem in the grand scheme of things, just frustrating that common sense doesn't apply, especially in this day and age where one negative comment on twitter or facebook can spread so fast and increase any negative impact.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

There is no procrastination. Despite the false and misleading information being given out by CS personnel on live chat we have been assured by Vodafone that the network is not going to stock the HTC 10 either now or at any time in the future. If that is the phone you want you wont get it through this network.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Then it's time to leave this disgrace of a network I guess. They score low in customer satisfaction, staff provide incorrect information and in general the managers don't care about what their clients want. HTC 10 is the only option for someone who wants an android phone and does not fancy Samsung or Sony's Xperia range (G5 with its poor build quality is no competition). They say "We are constantly reviewing our device portfolio" but the people who do this are incompetent.

@jeffkinn who are "WE"? and how have you been assured by Vodafone? who in particlular made the statement. Are you referring to an official press statement? I must have missed something. All I have seen/heard were forum posts by admin, chat messages and phone calls from the sales team. Thanks

@IWonder & @burso83

Im with you guys on all this and clearly we are not alone. Its a shame but I guess its time to move on. All the best :smileywink:

@jeffkinn

SERISOLY DUDE PLEASE STOP!

NO ONE WANTS YOUR COMMENTS HERE!

If anybody is interested, the below link will take you to HTC main site, below that is a link to both Carphopne Warehouse & Three UK sites for the HTC 10. I assume more links will be added by HTC for more providers including EE.

If interested the code for 10% off on HTC site for the HTC 10 is HTC10....

From my understanding this is only for a limited amount of time

http://www.htc.com/uk/go/buy-htc-10/

@iar1980 I think somebody already posted here the HTC code is valid until 30 April 2016.

Does anybody know if HTC will offer the Uh Oh protection for this phone in the UK? I did not find anything aboutthis on their website :Sad_face:

I think it is a US exclusive only along with the unlocked bootloader.

I know we sometimes get P***** on when it comes to useful extras or pricing.....

jeffkinn

@zorica wrote:

@jeffkinn

SERISOLY DUDE PLEASE STOP!

NO ONE WANTS YOUR COMMENTS HERE!

What you want or don't want is of no concern to me.

'We' are the forum super users and we have asked privately what is happening and have been assured by Vodafone personnel that the formal statement that has been posted on this forum is the network's policy - the HTC 10 is NOT being stocked.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

@jeffkinn

You said that SAME INFORMATION 20 times here, thats why you need to stop! Clearly you dont have any other useful info to share. Thats why you need to stop as no one wants to read same thing again, again and again!

You are not super user, you are employe of Vodafone.

Now go and get lost out of this topic.

Hi @Jeffkin, thank you for your input it is as valid as everybody else's here, whatever level of posting they are at, mine included.

I have been a loyal customer to Vodafone, and I have found them very helpful, but the point you make here is not what is being told to all customers.

I have spoken with the retention team just yesterday and the representative questioned 4 managers 2 said that Vodafone would definitely be stocking it and 2 said maybe. The representative said that they would know for sure by April's end.

I for one will wait until close to that date because all the differing answers all come directly from Vodafone employees, those that you have been given and those that others of us have been given.

I don't think anybody here is lying, I just think that the VF employees genuinely don't know for sure themselves from managers downward, at least that is what I have been told directly from Vodafone.