Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC 10 on Vodafone

LordLanky
6: Helper
So, exciting news about the HTC 10 yesterday.
The leaks left me doubting if the device was good enough, but initial reviews suggest it might have got it right.

In the meantime TechRadar suggests VF are sitting on the fence about whether to stock it.

I'm sure a helpful VF member of staff will point us to the pointless "Coming Soon" page. Thanks for that.

Meantime here in the real world who would like VF to stock the HTC 10?
Is it incredible or even possible that VF are considering to NOT run with it?
291 REPLIES 291

heppie89
4: Newbie
Well if that's the case, I'll certainly be leaving

63johnw
17: Community Champion
That's a shame.

jeffkinn

It's the same reason that Blackerrys are no longer ranged and Windows Phone gets no attention - miniscule market share.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

kingdeacon
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I'm surprised Vodafone not planning on stocking the HTC 10, they have the HTC A9, which is a recent new mid range phone. I have a HTC One m8 and my 2 year contract run out a week ago, I was waiting for the HTC 10 to come out to see what it was like and hopefully upgrade to it with a new 2 year contract on Vodafone.
But as they not in any hurry to stock it (if ever) then I'm off to one of the others that do (EE, Three, O2 all are)
I've seen I can upgrade to it on Vodafone via car phone warehouse already, but I would rather go direct with the network I'm going to be using, so after 15 years on Vodafone I guess it time for some change.
Between me and my partner and 5 kids we have 7 phone contracts with Vodafone that I pay for, all of which run out in the next 5 weeks, so I will be swapping them all to whichever network I go with, which don't look like Vodafone anymore.

Rob.

LordLanky
I think that's a massively key point; I am also on a HTCOneM8 with an expired contract. Galaxy S7 doesn't float my boat. Have been holding out for the HTC 10 for some months.

The HTCOneM8 is an amazing phone and those using it are very likely in the market for the HTC 10 right about now.

Whilst we wait for full reviews, early indications are the 10 is a worthy successor to the m8.

Don't have quite as many SIMs as @KingDeacon, but have a similar decision. Options appear to be jump ship (big £££ loss to VF) or buy unlocked handset on a credit card and go SIM only with VF (still a £££ loss to VF).

jeffkinn

There are three advantages to being sim free: 

1. The phone is free of Vodafone software

2. You can upgrade to a full contract after 3 months.

3. The phone's second hand value will be greater whenever you to come sell it.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Oh dear...

My contract expired on the 5th April, and I was holding out on my upgrade for an HTC 10 (my last 3 phones have been HTC).

Looks like I will leaving Vodafone too.

Cheerio.

hrym

I must say I'm surprised, but a lot will depend on how sales of HTCs have been going generally, and probably with the A9 specifically.  I must say it's a shame as the HTCs I've had have been some of the best, and by quite a margin.  But fashion and perception are strong, but fickle, drivers.

If you can make the upfront cost, SIM-free is definitely worth considering.

Well i guess its goodbye vodafone

BandOfBrothers

Hi

I totally appreciate your guys stance on this. 

Just to say......

Please take into consideration that not every Network provides the same signal strengths and Data Speeds everywhere and in the same area. I assume to this point Vodafone have overall supplied a useable Service. Moving Networks may affect this this.

Check out other Networks signal / data speeds by using one of their Payg SIM cards before signing up. Unlock your phone to be able to use any networks SIM cards via Unlocking Form.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.