Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC 10 on Vodafone

LordLanky
6: Helper
6: Helper
So, exciting news about the HTC 10 yesterday.
The leaks left me doubting if the device was good enough, but initial reviews suggest it might have got it right.

In the meantime TechRadar suggests VF are sitting on the fence about whether to stock it.

I'm sure a helpful VF member of staff will point us to the pointless "Coming Soon" page. Thanks for that.

Meantime here in the real world who would like VF to stock the HTC 10?
Is it incredible or even possible that VF are considering to NOT run with it?
291 REPLIES 291

I have to say that this is a crazy decision from Vodafone. From every report the HTC 10 is shaping up to be an amazing phone and for Vodafone to turn around and say “Sorry folks, if you want this phone you’ll have to go elsewhere, by the way have you seen the new iphone yet?”

Vodafone stock a random assortment of phones, take the Sonim XP7 for example. I honestly wonder how many of those they sold compared to a HTC phone. Same with Vodafone’s own range of mobiles. I would probably guess the figures are tiny.

Unfortunately I can’t go sim free as I have a company phone and there is no way I’m spending close to £600 of my money for a company device.

hi guys can anyone tell me (total idiot in the tech world) why voda are not offering this phone yet carphne warehouse are on a voda contract? it dont make sense to me. im due for upgrade next week had loads of htc phones and i like the way they work so was looking forward to this model.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Carphone Warehouse have their own market strategy. 

They marry up a contract / Payg  sim with the handset which are typically unlocked so accept any network SIM card. The iPhone is the exception as it locks out to the first sim inserted from CPW. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

ah ok think i catch ya drift. well looks like if we wanna stay voda cpw it is then. shame as i always delt direct with voda always been good to me at upgrade time over the past 9 years.

BandOfBrothers

@husky123 wrote:

ah ok think i catch ya drift.well looks like if we wanna stay voda cpw it is then . shame as i always delt direct with voda always been good to me at upgrade time over the past 9 years.

You could but please do take into account the advice in post 6 & 7 of this thread. 

Current Phone  >

So what you are saying is that if we want this phone on Vodafone then we are stuffed then if we want to take advantage of the offers we may already have or want?

This reminds me of the LG G3 fiasco a couple of years ago, lots of people wanted it, but Vodafone were umming and ahhing over it for months after it was released by everyone else.

husky123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

so what is VEA discount then?

BandOfBrothers

@husky123 wrote:

so what is VEA discount then?

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-advantage/index.htm

VEA FAQs.

Current Phone  >

oh and as mentioned im a tech idiot how does wifi calling work does the reciving call need wifi enabled too or just the caller?

BandOfBrothers

If you use calling over wifi the receiver of the call does not need it and also wouldn't know you were using the feature to make a call. 

"Wi-Fi Calling lets you make calls anywhere you have Wi-Fi, even when there’s no mobile signal. Just use your phone as normal – the person you’re calling doesn’t even need to have Wi-Fi Calling."

Current Phone  >