Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC 10 on Vodafone

LordLanky
6: Helper
6: Helper
So, exciting news about the HTC 10 yesterday.
The leaks left me doubting if the device was good enough, but initial reviews suggest it might have got it right.

In the meantime TechRadar suggests VF are sitting on the fence about whether to stock it.

I'm sure a helpful VF member of staff will point us to the pointless "Coming Soon" page. Thanks for that.

Meantime here in the real world who would like VF to stock the HTC 10?
Is it incredible or even possible that VF are considering to NOT run with it?
291 REPLIES 291

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-new-flagship-salvage-serious-situation-685989/

Read this article on the same website, especially the final sentence.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Which is fair comment, however the HTC 10 is going to be on the market whether HTC sinks or not, and judging by this thread at least some people are bothered enough to want to get the handset.

As can be seen in this article, Vodafone along with EE rate around bottom for customer service.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/worst-mobile-phone-providers-named-survey-024410636.html

Customer service is not just  dealing with complaints, its also about knowing or even predicting what your customers want (even the minority groups like HTC fans!) and providing it for them.

Vodafone dont seem to get that concept, and the HTC 10 issue is potentially another symptom of the customer service/care issue.

jeffkinn

In most ways I agree with you but ...

running a business is about making a profit and not giving customers what they want if it means incurring a loss. It is crystal clear that this network has judged that it will not be profitable to invest money in stocking and marketing this handset. If that is the case (and remember I have no inside knowledge but making assumptions based in my general understanding of how businesses work) I would rather they invested that money in more customer services personnal and training them to a higher standard. That will benefit all of us and not just the few thousand people that will move networks to get their handset of choice.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

zorica
4: Newbie
You really need to switch your self of or just stop posting here, you sound like a broken record. Clearly there is people here who still care about HTC, you don't have to convince every single one that Vodafone "made right business decision" and that you "don't have insight knowledge".

At least 5 of your posts states exactly the same thing!

You clearly work for Vodafone.

There is people posting interesting facts but why you have to answer to every single post, you ruined forum experience for me.

Get a life!!!

jeffkinn

I clearly don't work for Vodafone and you need to stop assuming that yours is the only argument. Listen to both sides and make an informed choice. That's what peope do on a forum that debates current issues. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

jacippet
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I too have 2 contracts now due for upgrade (HTC M7 been waiting since November currently on a sim only, HTC M8 now due) and another one in the autumn. WE WANT THE HTC 10! So come on Vodafone get it sorted! Yes we have NHS VEA discount but we can also get this from EE, I personally have been with Vodafone since 1997, I dont want to leave but I will if forced! The combined bills proably run to close to £2000 per annum.... 

burso83
7: Helper
7: Helper

My first look at this forum and it had to be the sad news :Sad_face: My M8 contract expires in a few weeks and I was hoping to upgrade to HTC 10. Seems like I'll be one of the many people who'll leave Vodafone due to their ignorance.

EDIT: It's interesting to read through this thread and to see the "official" reply about VF not planning to stock the 10.

See my chat transcript from 15th April with the sales team below:

Jazmine: Hello, burso!
Jazmine: Yes, we are from new sales team.
Jazmine: Which phone are you looking for please, burso?
burso: HTC 10
burso: it's out now and will ship 9th May 2016. I expect you to start pre orders soon
Jazmine: burso, HTC 10 is not available as of now; however, we are expecting its delivery soon in next couple of weeks, so kindly request you to check it back after couple of weeks.
Jazmine: Or it might be with us with in couple of days as we are expecting a big consignement from HTC.

(I have changed the names, the rest is a Copy and paste excercise)

@burso83 - is that a chat from a VF support dude?!?

Most reviews are listing the HTC 10 as the #2 android phone in the market (LG G5 and Nexus 6P coming in 3rd & 4th respectively).

Just adds weight to the requirement that VF stock this device.

If you have 20mins to spare(!) then this review seems fairly even and unbiased: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyfoaZTBnqs

Noting the reviewer misses the android adoptable storage option only available with the HTC that I think is a significant stand out feature.

@LordLanky Not from support, it's from a chat to a sales team member.

Thanks for the link, I've seen that one and agree with you on the unbiasness (is that a word?! :Smiling: Man, I've seen all the vids that are on YouTube, from first impressions, through hands on to full on reviews and also read most of the text articles. I'm getting this with or without Vodafone.

@burso83

Hope that's the case, thanks for sharing.

I called yesterday to switch my contract to sim only (30 days rolling one) until I get phone aand contract on another network . 

I spoke to a sales team, it was UK representative, I asked once more about HTC 10 and guy told me that there is nothing in the system and no option for pre-order. He said if Vodafone was planning to stock the phone information on pre-order would be available already and staff would be familiar with it.

I also asked the same question on Vodafone official FB page and I was given the same answer that there's no plans to sell HTC 10 :smileysad:

We will see anyway, hope a information given to you it was more accurate...I just didn't want to keep paying for my old contract anymore as there is no solid indication that they will sell HTC 10.

Anyway good luck to all HTC lovers here, hope we will all get HTC 10 one way or another :smileywink: