Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC ONE (M8) & BoomBass

bpattni
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I bought the HTC ONE M8 phone and wanted to take advantage of the free boombox offer and signed up for it.

I got an email from HTC that said:

Please allow 14 calendar days for us to validate your claim, we'll then email you to let you know the status of your claim.

If you choose to return your handset within the 7 day cooling off period your claim will be invalid. 

However, now it has been over 14 days and still not heard from HTC, so I asked Vodafone Chat whats going on?

Chat told me that it has nothing to do with Vodafone and I must ask HTC directly.  So I asked for a HTC contact and Chat said, they do not have one, just reply to the email that HTC sent.  Tried to explain that email came from "noreply".   Tried to tell Chat that  the offer was from Vodafone as an incentive to buy from Vodafone, but he was having none of it!  Just told e to take it up with HTC.

Has anyone else had the same problem or know what I can do about it or who I can email?  

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bpattni,  

The confirmation you’ve received confirms you’ve registered correctly.

HTC will then email you when the BoomBass is on its way.

It should arrive within 28 days of your registration.

If you do have any questions, you’ll need to speak with HTC directly.

Thanks,

Andy

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Please can you clarify that HTC take 14 days to confirm the validity of the claim and then email once BoomBass is on its way, rather than as I naively thought, HTC will email in 14 days to confirm the validity of the claim.

If the former, then I can assume my claim is valid as I have not heard anything to the contrary.

I would email HTC but do not have an email address or contact as the email came from "noreply" and did not have any additional contact details on it.

I'm in the same boat. I did my claim on the 7th of May and had "thank you for your claim" email the same day. I've heard nothing since. Somewhere else on the forum gave the email htcboombassoffer@tlcrewards.com to chase up which I emailed a week ago and had no reply.

Appreciate it's not a Vodafone offer, but as HTC will contact vodafone to make sure you don't cancel your order or return the phone, there must be some conversation back and forth and it is a shame Vodafone don't at least track the fact they have been contacted and confirmed they authorised your claim. You would know then that it was just HTC holding you up, not Vodafone.

Neither company seems very hot on customer service. I requested a NUC code on the 5th of May and I'm still waiting for that despite the 10 working day service level. When I chased that up with Vodafone I got the same response you got here. Go speak to HTC.  (which I did and I've had no reply from that email either).

So they talk to each other quite a lot, promoting offers, validating claims, requesting NUC codes, all at a business level, not at a customer service level.

Best of luck with your claim. Post back if it ever turns up. Give the rest of us hope 😜

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Jimz76,

It took about four weeks for my HTC BoomBass to come, so I'm afraid there is a slight delay.

However, I got email replies each time on the address you mentioned. I'd have a check on your junk mail inbox in case their replies were misclassified as spam. :Winking_smiley:

If you've not got anything through, we can double check you qualified for the offer. I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here. 

Cheers, Ben

Quick update - Got an email today from htcboombassoffer@tlcrewards.com saying

"I’ve checked on our system and I can see that we’ve received your details and that your claim is valid.

Unfortunately we are currently waiting on additional stock – as soon as we receive stock, you will receive an email stating your application is valid and you should then receive your BoomBass shortly afterwards. "

From the wording of that, they will only send the confirmation email when they are about to ship it, so don't lose hope, you could be good, just they can't match demand. Took 9 days to reply to my email, so may be worth shooting one off yourself. Good luck!

Hello,

This is very good news for you!  At least someone has some success.

However, today I have just received an email from HTC (or TLC Marketing) that tells me that my claim has been deemed invalid:

Your HTC BoomBass claim has been deemed invalid. This could be because you have cancelled your contract or returned your handset. 

If you have any questions please email us onhtcboombassoffer@tlcrewards.com 

@Vodafone - I have still got my HTC phone and still have an active account.  Please can you give a steer on what I can do next?

Has anyone else had this problem and found a happy solution?

Thank youl

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bpattni,

Was the IMEI number you gave to HTC the same one on the phone you kept? You can double check it by dialling *#06# into your keypad.

If it does, or if you had the phone swapped during the cooling period due to a fault or colour change, I've sent instructions on how to reach my team 
here. We'll be happy to confirm to HTC that you still have the phone and qualify if so. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Hi Tech Team

I too also got this email saying "your claim is invalid" when I still have my phone/account. Please advise on how to follow up and confirm account status with HTC.

Thanks

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ShahidMughal,

Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Cheers, Ben