cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC one M8 - keeps displaying "System UI has stopped unexpectedly - send report to HTC..?."

myhtcisbroke
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, 

HTC one M8 - keeps displaying "System UI has stopped unexpectedly - send report to HTC..?." I cant clear it as it just returns every second.  I've done hard reset, wipe date / factory reset, wipe cache, but the problem remains.  It was working ok until yesterday. 

Behind the error message i can see the set up screen and tediously go through that by tapping "dont send" repeatedly, but when I get to home screen I have no UI (home, back, settings buttons) so i cant get into anything. 

Any advice?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

If this is looping then if this was my situation I'd await a response from the manufacturer first and go from there.

It seems you have carried out pretty much what troubleshooting you can do. 

Im not sure if any particular computer suite could help. A Google Search may yield further insight. 

That or if it was supplied by Vodafone then you could ask your most local Vodafone store to send it away to their repair centre where they'd probably firmware flash it first. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

The problem here may be that an M8 could be out of warranty.  If a resent hasn't solved the problem, it sounds like either a hardware issue or a problem with the boot partition (you haven't allowed the battery to go flat, have you?).   In either case, I'd talk to HTC and see what they suggest and whether you can get a warranty repair.