Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Has anyone managed to return a Note 7?

RBroni
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Initially Vodafone sent me the royal mail return pack which was declined at the post office and I've been waiting over a week for a dpd return pack now which I was told would arrive last week. Surprise surprise, no sign of it! Really ##~## off with Vodafone and their customer service, soon as I get this returned and get a refund I'm done with this network! Has anyone had any joy returning the note 7 and getting a refund?

Moderator note: Post edited, please see our Community Guidelines.

41 REPLIES 41

fremenos
2: Seeker

I'm still waiting to get my Note 7 returned. I've contacted Vodafone 2,5 week ago and still no joy. First they send me a return bag that I cant use anyway. Then I was told that DPD will come and collect the phone from me. Week later, nothing happened. I've contacted Vodafone again last Thursday and I was told that they will send me a return bag for DPD and all instructions are inside. Guess what? Yap, nothing. Tried my "no luck" again today and I was told that they will book DPD to pick it up... excuse me? Are you ##~## me? How long I'll have to burn in that hell before you sort it out??

Moderator note: Edited post, please refer to our Community Guidelines

Managed to return my Note 7 and asked to be returned to my pre-upgrade status, was told this would take 3-5 days. Gave Vodafone 7 days and went onto liove chat to find out when it would happen, and was told it was doen then and would take 24-48 hrs to update. Today nothing, called Vodafone and told "its stuck in the system" have escalated to a super user and it will be another 3 days. This is really getting beyond a joke, i dont have time to be constantly chasing Vodafone, being fed all this rubbish. Have asked for a mangers call back but have zero confidence that will happen. Can one fo the users from Vodafone on this forum please sort this out.....

initialg82
I still have mine and im fed up of talking to vodafone now. I really want to cancel my contract but i cant because i still have this stupid phone and no other way to return it!

jaygrim
4: Newbie
Vodafone facing massive fines from ofcom for how they treat customers.

jaygrim
4: Newbie
I'm back to square one, was told a return package is being sent but it obviously hasn't.

ne_and_kayla

I'm in the same boat.  Asked for a refund once returned and sent a Royal Mail Special Delivery bag.  Post office flaty refused saying Royal Mail would destroy it.  Phoned Vodafone 3 weeks ago to explain the situation and they said DPD would pick it up the next Wednesday.  Nothing that week, so phoned up again on Sunday and was told it would be picked up the next day.  Nothing as usual.  Finally phoned Vodafone on 25th October and was told it's still with DPD.  So I have to wait for DPD to get in touch to arrange pick up.  So stuck in limbo really waiting for DPD to get in touch, if they will ever?

Of course still paying £48 a month for a phone I can't use.  Also sold my old Note 4 for this so would have had no phone once I powered off the Note 7.  So dropped £160 for a Motorola G4 to cover me until my Vodafone contract is cancelled.  So of pocket with that AND the £48 a month I'm paying.  Is anyone at Vodafone actually helping customers?

How long do I have to wait for my Note 7 to be picked up?  I'm paying almost £50 for a phone I can't use and no one at Vodafone seems to care.

gpd1965
6: Helper
6: Helper
Strongly suggest you contact the consumer help line, they are part of citizens advice and will provide legal advice. They will also help put the complaint to the Onburdsman. Vodafone are in breach of UK law and as well as sorting it out they are getting another large fine.

Also thinking of buying some shares in Vodafone so I can ask some questions at their AGM

Hi @RBroni @jaygrim @neilp2

As you have already contacted our team, please can you provide your email reference number which looks like WRT195 #14xxxxxx so I can look into this for you. Your reference number will have been sent to your email after submitting the online webform. Please check your spam and junk folders. 

Hello @gpd1965@ne_and_kayla / @fremenos / @initialg82

I am going to Private Message you asking for a few details in a minute. 

Louise

Hi @initialg82

I have tried to Private Message you however you have Private Messages blocked. Please enable them in settings and then send me a Private Message and I will help you further. 

Thank you, 

Louise