Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Headphone socket and tethering problem after Marshmallow Update - Smart Ultra 6

Lenniehamilton
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have noticed on other forums alot of users having the same problems as I am after the recent android update.

Headphone socket works fine with headphones but not with an aux cable.

Wi-fi tethering turns itself off every few minutes

As a truck driver, in order to conserve the battery on the phone I Tether my tablet and connect my phone to the truck stereo through an aux cable to listen to my books and music.

Is anyone able to assist?

Thanks

26 REPLIES 26

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Lenniehamilton Did the factory reset help resolve the issue?

Please keep us updated. 

Did a factory reset from the boot loader and it didn't fix it.  I installed soundabout and set it to force media playback through the headphone socket and it works, so it isn't a hardware fault, must be a firmware fault.

My only next option is to try and reinstall the rom fresh unless someone come up with a patch unless someone from vodafone tech wants to have a look at it.

Cheers

Lennie

Hi @Lenniehamilton

We'll flag this up and have it looked into. However, as it's been mentioned it's happening to different makes/models it may not be something we can help with. 

In the meantime let us know how you get on with the installation. 

Thanks, 

I too have had issues with the aux in since the Marshmallow update. It is highly frustrating because I used the aux in every day on my commute to work (2 hours a day). I hope that this is resolved soon but I'll try the workaround in the meantime

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Lenniehamilton and @anishr123

We've flagged this up to be investigated but we do need some further information from you both. 

Please could you confirm the following:

1. The software version you're currently running. You can find this on Settings>About phone>Build number. 

2. Provide a screen shot of the above if possible. 

3. That the update was done over the official over the air update and not manually. 

Thanks, 

Update was done OTA on mine.  Screenshot attached.

Screenshot_20170223-230905.png

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Lenniehamilton

I've raised this issue to our Technical team, once we have some more information we'll be back to you.

ajpd
4: Newbie
Exactly same problem here. Have tried full factory reset which makes no difference to the problem. This issue has been reported on a number of Vodafone sites including new Zealand and Ireland. My partners Honor phone has same version of Android and does not have this issue. Another bug is the "do not disturb" setting has lost the "until next alarm" option under certain circumstances (last week in a month) This Is an issue with some early versions of marshmallow and needs fixing too thanks

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, 

Just to let you know, we're still chasing this with the Technical team for further information on the issue.

As soon as we hear back, we'll update this thread. Thanks for your patience. 

ajpd
4: Newbie
Thank you. Just to reiterate factory reset did not fix thus and thus issue has been reported on other Vodafone forums including new Zealand and Ireland. My partners huawei runs the same version of Android and it dies not have this issue. So... None of your i"t's Androids fault / your fault / your devices fault... Please reset it / take it to a shop " blah blah buck passing please.