cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How can I recover my deleted photos from Android phone?

Junnilly
2: Seeker

Hello, I need help! I just factory reset my Android phone by accident and all photos on my phone were gone, I need to recover them, how can I recover lost photos from Android phone due to factory reset? 

42 REPLIES 42

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi @rearummel that's true if the OP saved the photos there, but it isn't automatic, it needs to be set up to do that. It sounds like they haven't done that.

63johnw
Hi, sorry but there are no further suggestions.

Erikkl

Always remember to make a copy of your data on your computer. Then, you still have the chance to recover deleted photos with related recovery tools. Plug your phone with PC and run the program.

hrym

This is an old thread, but it does serve to emphasise the importance of backing up important data.   Electronic devices and storage can, and eventually will, fail for one reason or another.   Any data that doesn't exist elsewhere will be lost - indeed, Schofield's Law predicates that data that doesn't exist in at least three places doesn't exist at all.

There are cloud services that will back up photos automatically, as long as you set them to do so.  Dropbox offers a small amount of space free and is a useful way of transferring pictures to a computer if you install it there as well.  Google Photos offers unlimited free storage in what they call "high resolution", which isn't the same as full res, but is adequate for most purposes.   I use both so that I'm not relying on just one.

Contacts on an Android device should be sync'd with Gmail and should restore when you sign back into the device.

Other files need to be copied manually and, again, Dropbox and Google Drive are convenient (and can both be used as intermediaries for transfer to another device).

Android has no undelete option so, if you delete something by accident, it's gone.  There are, however, recovery apps that you may be able to use.   The first thing is not to use the device until you've tried this, to avoid the space occupied by the lost file being over-written.   This means not even installing the undelete app.   Instead, find something that'll run on a PC, install it there and then connect the phone by cable.   Run the program and set it to scan the phone as external storage and you may be lucky. 

There are also data recovery services which charge according to the complexity of the job (some can even work with a shattered hard drive), but they're not cheap.  Backing up is free.

AmandaTaylor789

Don't worry. I had the same experience with you. But now I find a handy tool to solve this recovery problem. So I recommend you a piece of software, Android Data Recovery. It can help you recover your photos.

Hope you can restore all your pictures as soon as possible.

Theoretically, if you lost your Android phone pictures by mistake, you couldn't find them on your phone. You can try Android Data Recovery to scan and find out from Android phone directly, it can help you to get back lost Android phone photos, videos, contacts, and other data.

hrym

Bear in mind that any activity with storage after a deletion risks over-writing what you're trying to recover.   This includes installing the recovery software itself.  Wherever possible, try to run recovery from another device (eg a PC) with the phone connected as external storage.

@sdyu wrote:

To recover deleted android phone photos, Coolmuster Android Data Recovery could also help, and it could recover other kinds of files, like text messages, contacts, photos, etc.

Thanks, and if the data were synced before, they can be recoverred back. And you can also try MobiKin, it is a data recovery tool you can use to recover lost photos.

To recover deleted photos , I think you need a third party Android Data Recovery software. more and more people like using it to save the lost files from Android phone ,

hrym

Beware of installing further software on the phone as this may well overwrwite the lost data.  It's best to try to recover using a PC and with the phone connected as an external drive.

Even better, use an external SD card (if you can) to store photos as this can be removed and recover run on it separately.

And, even better than that, connect a photo backup service such as Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive or Amazon so that your precious memories are automatically sync'd to the cloud.