Ask

Solution

How do I boot my vodafone smart platinum 7 into safe mode

Shawn69
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I also have the constant Boot Loop issue :Sad_face:

My question is, How the hect do I boot into Safe Mode? There are several photos and documents on my device that I would like to keep, as well as the way I have currently set up my Contacts.

So all in all I would like to try booting into Safe Mode to see if that resolves the issue, before I take drastic measures that risks me losing info.

Additional info:

Holding the Power mutton and the volume up button, doesn't do anyhing. Holding the Power and Volume Down buttons brings me to a four screen menu:

START

Restart Bootloader

Recovery mode

Power off

No luck using any of these options though.

Any suggestions are most welcome!

8 REPLIES 8

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @Shawn69 if none of those options have worked it looks like it will have to go for repair and as part of that the phone will probably be wiped.

That is what I was afraid of. But I would still like to try boot into Safe Mode and restart from there.

Would you be able to guide me through booting into Safe Mode please? Up to now I have not been able to find out how to do so.

Thank you!!

63johnw

As far as I know that is what you have already done with the power/volume combination you have used already.

Oh no!!!!

Then I fear I am left to the mercy of the repairshop. 

Latet update:

Took my device into the Vodacom Repair Centre nearest to me, and was told that it is non-repairable, as they do not repair these devices. So I either settle for a refurbished unit for a minimal amount, or I choose a brand new device and then have to fork out a ±20% excess on whatever device I choose.

:Sad_face: 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Shawn69 Thanks for updating us.

As we're only able to help with Vodafone UK accounts, you'd need to speak with Vodacom for further assistance.

Thank you Natasha,

Just wanted to get a different take on the issue, as this particular model phone is not at all well known in South Africa, but it seems to be a much more popular device over there.

Thank you for the response.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

No problem @Shawn69!

I've passed your thanks onto @Tash :Smiling: