cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to sync reminders from Android Smart Ultra 7 to Google account?

jonesnewton
4: Newbie

Hi All,

I cannot seem to find a way to do this? I assume I can export as a file but I would like them to be updated as and when using Android? I can sync the other stuff ok?

Can this be done for reminders already created on the phone?

TIA

10 REPLIES 10

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi. If you open the Google calendar app on your phone and check the menu top left (3lines) do you see this?IMG_20170427_063912.png

Ensure reminders is ticked.

Go back to main screen and click on the +

IMG_20170427_075155.pngIMG_20170427_075155.png

Then you should get this

Screenshot_20170427-063027.png

Add a reminder and as long as you have your calendar synching in account settings they should link across. 

Hi 63johnw

thanks for the detailed reply, yes I can complete all that is shown but when I create a "reminder" on the mobile it does not sync to Gmail in Win 7, whereas an "event" does?

I have looked at all settings in both mobile settings in Gmail calendar and also in laptop settings in Gmail calendar when logged onto Gmail in Win 7?

Its not the end of the world for me but its more of trying to resolve it and why it does this?

TIA

63johnw

Hi again @jonesnewton just tried with my work S7 (not your phone I know) and when I opened my work google calendar it was there.

snip cal.JPG

So I am guessing there must be a sync setting missing somewhere?

63johnw

Bit of a long shot but have seen it work before, remove google calendar then reinstal it?

Hi,

do you mean from Android? If I were to do that then I would lose the reminders?

Is it possible to remove it from laptop version?

63johnw

As far as I understand you cannot set reminders on your PC that sync to your phone, you can only do it from your phone and it should show up on your PC.

I have read removing the calendar app from the phone then reinstalling has helped.

(I am a shift working and the 9 refers to my hours for that day work and personal calendars).

hrym

Apologies is I've misunderstood the issue here, but I've never had a reminder from the Google calendar in Windows 7, no matter where it's set.   If I want a cross-device one, I set an email instead.   This is an option in the web interface, but I'm not sure if you can do it in the Android Google Calendar app.   I don't use that, but have the paid-for version of aCalendar, which does include the option.  (There's a free version you can use to see if you like it, but I was more than happy to shell out £3.99 - it's the only app I've ever paid for...)

Hi

sorry to pry about your working hours, I was just curious if it meant something else 🙂

Ok so I just need to find out why I cant create reminders on the phone then?

Thanks again for your time 🙂

63johnw

No problem, it must be a sync issue somewhere would be my guess. Hope you get sorted soon.