Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to turn off vibrate on app notifications

Rokmunky
1: Seeker

Hi

I have a Smart Ultra 7 and so far it is driving me insane. It is slow and not user friendly at all. Hopefully someone can help with one of the annoying features. How do you turn off the vibration for every app notification? I want to keep the notifications but I want them silent.

thanks

7 REPLIES 7

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi. Don't have that phone but there are various areas with vibrate functions.

Try settings, sound and there are vibrate options there.

Open the messaging app, then menu and there is should be an option there for vibrate.

Yeah tried that

BandOfBrothers

@Rokmunky wrote:

Yeah tried that

If the user manual isn't helping :Sad_face: then the staff at a Vodafone Highstreet Store maybe able to. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@Rokmunky If you have looked at the setting in each app and not been able to find a setting to turn of vibrations for notifications if maybe that the only choice you have with that phone is to turn off vibrations for everything.

AnnS

Hi @Rokmunky

I don't think it is possible to turn off vibrate completely for notifications.

The options are to block the notification

Show notification on top of others.  If your do not disturb is set to priority only, notifications will sound or vibrate.

Allow peeking which will show certain notifications briefly from the top of the screen.

There may be an application from from Play Store.  You can take a look at the vibration notifier application below but not sure if it will help.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.j4velin.vibrationNotifier&hl=en

63johnw
Lots of apps have their own settings for notifications which allow vibration for notifications.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Rokmunky

There is some possible information in section 11.2.2 of the User Manual.

Failing that a Vodafone Highstreet Store Employee maybe able to help if you can visit. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.