Ask

Solution

Htc m8 no wifi

wearside73
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi Guys new to the forum

HTC one m8 no wifi

Basically no issues for nearly 2 years now unable to turn on the wifi in settings etc,Tried switching on flight mode and off and restarting the phone

its not a issue with my router as my other phone conect ok etc.

My phones got insurance more likely wont repair it

cheers

Mick

9 REPLIES 9

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @wearside73

Are you running a custom ROM on your phone?

If not, have you tried factory resetting the phone? I had a similar issue with my HTC and I noticed that a factory reset solved the problem.

I'd recommend that you back up everything on your phone before attempting this as the factory reset will delete everything on the device.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Will your phone not connect to any wifi connection i.e. At coffee shops. 

If wifi is turned on and still not connecting after forgetting the network in its settings then if this was my situation I'd speak with Lg Support. 

If the phone was supplied by Vodafone they attach a 24 month manufacturing warranty. This does not cover issues resulting from a drop or water damage.

Any Vodafone Store can send it off. Take time / date stamped pictures of It and ask the employee to note its condition.  

Create a back up. 

They maybe able to supply a loan phone if you meet the criteria and they have one in stock. 

"Also make sure when sending your device for repair that you keep hold of your SIM. You also shouldn't send your memory cards, battery and/or back cover (if they're removable) - if these are included with your phone when it goes for repair we can't guarantee their return."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi guys

Just done a factory reset still the same issue with the wifi it wont scan for networks or anything. the mobile data network is fine ive got a samsung s6 edge as well no issue with wifi or my broadband so its the HTC AT FAULT also a driver fault 19 has been poping up on occasions

cheers

mick

BandOfBrothers

In that case it could very well be hardware related. 

As I mentioned I would first engage with LG online support. 

Or if it was supplied by Vodafone then as they are the seller it's them you'd engage with. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @wearside73

If you have tried a factory reset and still have the same issue, it wil be a fault with your WiFi key.

You need to contact HTC for advise or take the phone into a Vodafone Store for a repair.

As far as an insurance claim is concerned, if you have Vodafone Insurance, you need to check the Terms and Conditions for level you are covered for and make sure you have breakdown included.  There is further info for you about this below.

Vodafone Covered Terms

Nabs

@wearside73 HTC support are fantastic! I recently had a faulty charging connection on my M9 . Their Live Chat took me through several steps to narrow down exactly what the issue was. They arranged for the phone to be sent away for repair (gave me a pre-paid UPS postage label) a week later phone was returned in full working order 🙂

Try contacting them via http://www.htc.com/uk/contact/chat/

If they can't fix it for you then contact your insurance company.

Cheers guys for your imput i wade up the options and didnt bother getting it repaired it was a hardware issue £27 and lose the phone for 3 weeks to HTC who were good with the online chat but i got upgraded by vodafone get 2 samsung s7s today for me and the misses

cheers

mick

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@wearside73 Thank you for keeping us updated!

We hope you enjoy your new Samsung S7 devices :Smiling: 

Nabs

@wearside73 are you keeping the M8?
If not you can trade it in and get some cash for it :smileywink: