Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei P9 Android 7.0 update

tryklon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So, any prediction as to when Vodafone will release the 7.0 update on the P9?

It's a bit shameful really, since it has been release more than a month ago for unlocked phones...

Vodafone branded devices, never again!

28 REPLIES 28

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi. No one knows and Vodafone won't give any idea, it's just wait and see.

BandOfBrothers

A few in the same boat. 

I'm on an unbranded sim free samsung galaxy s7 edge still waiting for the N Update. 

Once in a while I manually check my software update section in my phone. 

Vodafone Firmware Statement.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yeah, I also check the firmware update offcourse, but since they keep telling us there is no prediction, there is no reason to expect anything to appear on that menu...

BandOfBrothers

Hopefully you'll get the update soon. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @tryklon

As @BandOfBrothers and @63johnwhave mentioned, we're not able to provide you with a date of when this will be available. 

You can see more information about that on our firmware statement.

You should get a notification on your phone once it's available. However, you can also check under your phone settings.

Thanks,

The time it takes for Vodafone to authorise and release OS upgrades for Android is ridiculous, they don't do it with Apple products so why is it acceptable for Android?

In any case, I've waited long enough for Vodafone to release this so I will be rooting my phone tonight and upgrading it myself. I suppose the added bonus in doing this is that it'll be free of the usual forced Vodafone apps that run in the background tracking and harvesting data that Vodafone seems to crave.

What is more gauling is the fact i bought this phone outright.

Hi, I do not expect a date for the update to arrive but can you please feedback that my wife has the update on her white/silver phone but I do not have it on my grey/black phone. Same model P9 I hope mine isn't forgotten on a technicality like the colour of the phone.

Thanks, Joe

63johnw

Hi. Is your wife on Vodafone and did she get the phone direct from Vodafone? The huawei Twitter feed last week was saying a June rollout for the update to 7 on the P9 series.

Hi,

Both our phones came direct from Vodafone on the same day, the only difference being the colour.

I'll double check but i think her phone has all the normal Vodafone splash screen and apps.