Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei P9 Android update

Grewstar
2: Seeker
Hi, when will update to Android 7 EMUI 5 be rolled out to Huawei P9?
19 REPLIES 19

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Vodafone wouldn't comment due to the reasons in > Firmware Statement.

Its really a case of checking your phones own Software Update section in settings. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw
Hi, this question comes up very frequently on here (and lots of other technology forums) and it's always the same answer, Vodafone (or whoever) don't give out that information, it's a matter of keeping an eye on your device or forum until it appears or someone else tells you about it.

Grewstar
So Huawei tell me to ask Vodafone and Vodafone will tell me to wait and see?

BandOfBrothers

@Grewstar wrote:
So Huawei tell me to ask Vodafone and Vodafone will tell me to wait and see?

Yes for all the reasons in the Firmware Statement. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw
That's definitely Vodafone's position, I have the P9 plus so would like to know too but I am afraid it is wait and see.

MattJWF
1: Seeker
This is the biggest downside to branded handsets. Apart from all the other software which some (SOME, not ALL, before people get all defensive) don't use and could easily be optional installs, the length of time taken for them to receive updates is terrible, especially if it's not a 'mainstream' handset. The P9 is one of the best phones I've had, but I'll definitely by unlocked next time. It's not like we get all the good stuff like wifi calling etc when the updates do finally get to us. If people like the idea of spreading the cost of the phone over the length of the contract Giffgaff sell unlocked phones on credit with no tie in to their network. Not an advertisement, some people may not be aware though.

63johnw
Hi. Just been reading reports that the update has started appearing across Europe so hopefully not to long for people wanting the update to wait.

Grewstar
Update from Vodafone?

63johnw
Not known yet, the reports I read seem to be suggesting unbranded international versions, hopefully on its way soon though.