Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I am unable to send a text but can receive texts

Gravygirl
1: Seeker
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini and for the past day I have been unable to send a text. Each time I try to send a text it fails. However I can receive texts with no problem I have ensured that the Vodaphone message centre number is on my phone in message settings. I also did a Vodaphone live chat and did a soft reset. Nothing has worked. Can anyone help please?
3 REPLIES 3

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi. Try logging onto another network, you won't be able too, then log back onto Vodafone.

Groik86
1: Seeker
I was having the same problem and this worked perfectly, cheers for the tip!

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Gravygirl

Is this to certain contacts or anyone ? If certain contacts it's worth checking your phone for any text blocking facilities to ensure you've not added the contact(s) to it. 

And ask the other party too. 

Are you adding emoticons or sending long texts , adding pictures for example that could convert the normal text which comes from your text allowance to a MMS text that isn't part of your allowances. These texts are charged for an as such sometimes your account needs provisioning to send these. 

Process of elimination: Can you try you're Sim card in another phone to rule out either the Sim or Account or Phone which may be at fault. Also if you can try another Sim Card in your phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.