cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I have samsung Android and I used facetime while on WiFi. I have been charged £25

wainwright17
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have samsung Android and I used facetime while on WiFi. I have been charged £25? Why?

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @wainwright17

Do you mean Apple Facetime or Facebook Messenger with the Messenger application downloaded from the Google Play Store?

You can't use Facetime on Android, Facetime is only for Apple products.

If you were video calling trying to use Facetime, you would have been charged out of bundle for each and every video call at 55p per minute.

Sorry I didn't know what to call it. It's video calling on Samsung.  Wow wish I had known before it let me use it  😣

AnnS

Hi @wainwright17

The charges will be correct for video calling and you will see the out of bundle charges on your bill.  There is further information for you below.

How much do calls cost?

What’s included in my allowance of UK minutes and texts?

Thank you. That's my lesson learned 

If you want something similar goto Google playstore and download Google duo I use that using my internet or wifi to talk to wife if I'm at work etc.

There's plenty of apps that will let you have video chats over wifi (or data, if you have a decent bundle).

Whatsapp, facebook messenger are my favourites (though with apple friends I use facetime)

3G video calls are just too expensive. I had access to them in 2003, and I can probably think I've made 4-5 calls ever since then...  a bit like MMS really. white elephant