Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IDENTIFY UNSAVED NUMBERS

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member
Has any body activated IDENTIFY UNSAVED NUMBERS on a s7 edge ?
I am a bit concerned about tapping agree, and got bored of trying to read through the terms.
Does any one no if it's worth activating ?
Or is it just a way for them at HIYA to monitor calls and get yours and your contacts info.
is it something worth using ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @SKYMAN513

If you were not aware the "Identify unsaved number" is a feature that identifies numbers that are not stored in your phones own Contact List. Your phone then lets you know when an incoming could be a nuisance call or spam.

Personally I've not seen / experienced a reason to activate this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers

Hi @SKYMAN513

If you were not aware the "Identify unsaved number" is a feature that identifies numbers that are not stored in your phones own Contact List. Your phone then lets you know when an incoming could be a nuisance call or spam.

Personally I've not seen / experienced a reason to activate this. 

Current Phone  >

SKYMAN513
Thanks buddy
.yes I am a bit suspicious off anything I have to activate that as endless terms

Stevie1
14: Advanced member
Hi SKYMAN513,

I have activated on my S7 Edge and it's a good feature to have not only will it let you no if the call is spam it also gives you the opportunity to block that number as well.

:robotmad:

SKYMAN513
Nice one I'll give it a try I looked into it and on the site it says it stops 2 billion calls a year worldwide must admit though I've been quite lucky never had any dodgy calls😃

Stevie1
Had 3 a couple of months ago and that's why l activated this so when you receive a dodgy call a pop up screen will come up and let you no if the number has been reported as spam then all you need to do is block that number and you won't receive more calls from them.

BandOfBrothers

I'm in the same bracket as @SKYMAN513

No spam fortunately. 

I assume it relies on a database of people blocking the call and marking as spam. What happens if a person inadvertently reports a number as Spam and it isn't. 

Current Phone  >

Stevie1
When you receive a call from an unknown number you phone will tell you if it has already been reported as spam or not what people are doing is using a website like who's called me 99% of the numbers on there are from spammers such as life insurance, double glazing, injury lawyers, and contact centres from outside of the UK. You don't need to report them but you can block them from you phone, one way to tell if you have received a spam call will be the telephone number will be something​ like this a local UK area code followed by a mobile number.<br><br> The last spam call l had was from a contact centre in Pakistan they had most of my details like my name address and telephone number and they were asking for my bank details l told them to get knotted and hung up after telling them to take my details of there system.<br><br>If your unsure of a unknown number check it first by Googling it because if it's a spam call and once they have your number they will pass it around from one company to another l personally have permanently blocked about 12 on my phone now.