Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LG G5 Nougat Battery Life

wwhyte92
7: Helper
7: Helper

Hello fellow Vodafoners,

I was pleased to see the notification for the OTA update to Android 7.0 Nougat for my LG G5 pop up a couple of weeks before Christmas and installed straight away. Although there hasn't been any major changes to the interface or day to day working, I've had major problems with the battery life ever since the update was installed.

As usual and following the advise of other online forums, I have factory reset the device (more than once) and also allowed it a bit of time to get used to my daily battery habits (as I believe the Doze functionality needs), however it is still appauling compared to before the update. Prior to updating I was able to leave the phone on my desk at work, auto-sync on and playing a bit of music in the afternoon and I would easily have 60-65% capacity remaining at the end of the day. Now, with less use (no music) the capacity is down to 30% by midday and I have to spend the afternoon recharging.

I've reached out to LG regarding this but they don't seem to want to give me any answers. Has anyone else had a similar experience since the software update?

Thanks all.

21 REPLIES 21

Vincerp
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
@wwhyte92 & @nabs funny you both mention Facebook as in a last ditch effort i tried yet another hard factory reset the other night and since then my battery has been fine with predictions of up to 24hrs usage. Am guessing that having removed FB and reinstalling cleared the issue rather than the factory reset but interestingly enough i never saw FB hogging resources/battery in the resource app.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I'm eagerly awaiting nougat. 

In connection to the FB app on stopped using that a long time ago due to it being a resource hog. 

I now save a link to the URL for Facebook on my bookmarks and on my homescreen. :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.