cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Latest Samsung Galaxy S6 update killed Samsung Messenger Notifications (19/07/2017)

Lightfunkyone
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I received an update from Vodafone for my Samsung Galaxy S6 on the 19th of July, the build is NRD90DM.G920FXX5EQFK

After installing this update I no longer receive message notifications...no sound, no LED flash, no vibrate, only on screen display which isn't helpful.

Before anyone comments I've checked all settings are correct, factory reset my device, and also placed in Safe Mode....nothing!

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Lightfunkyone

As a factory reset has not remedied this issue and I'm assuming all your Notifications Settings are set then my suggestion would be to visit your most local Samsung Service Location or Samsung Experience Store if you have one near. 

You could also visit your most local Vodafone Highstreet Store where they could take a look too.

Samsung uk support service-location.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, thanks for your response, I'm very doubtful that taking my phone to any Vodafone or Samsung store would remedy this issue as I believe this to be software specific seeing as this problem appeared the software update.

Is that your final answer on the matter? Is this 'bug' issue not going to be escalated?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Lightfunkyone You can visit your nearest Vodafone store where our team will be happy to assess your phone and assist you further.

They can also arrange a repair if needed. 

Hi,

I managed to fix the issue, I went into the Application settings (Settings/apps/messages/notifications) and the notifications was set to 'Muted', so I switched it back to 'Allowed'. Why a software update would change the settings is beyond me.

Cheers