Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Motorola 4G + 2016 and 4G

dephead2004
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi I have  a dual SIM phone. In SIM 1 is a Vodafone Contract SIM which connects to 4G (on the 3rd time of asking). In SIM 2 I have a PAYG SIM which only shows 3G or 2G as a possibility. I have asked live chat for help and they made "changes in my account". This is what I was told

"Due to some technical error your sim is not activated for 4G. You need not to worry now."

However despite waiting for 3 days and rebooting there is no change. Of course the phone does not connect to 4G which I know it can on Vodafone . CAn anyone assist please?
12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

When I've looked at duel sim phones and spoken with people online that use them the 2nd slot typically uses 2G & 3G only

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes I have considered that possibility and swapped the SIM round or, as you can on this phone, turn one slot off. So I'm not sure that's the solution

hrym

It's a while since I looked at dual SIM devices, but then they tended to be 3G in slot 1 and 2G in slot 2.   Such devices are not generally sold (and therefore supported) by UK networks.   I'd suggest downloading the full manual from Motorola and checking that.

I'm not quite clear from your original post whether you can get 4G on any SIM in the second slot, but I'd assume this is a hardware thing.

Yes the Voda 4G SIM works with 4G in SIM slot 2.

BTW Android now handles dual SIMS beautifully with each SIM able to be chosen at will or on the fly from Voice, data and SMS

hrym

Sorry, this has got slightly convoluted.  Am I right in thinking that the problem is with the PAYG SIM?  If that's correct, doe it get 4G in the other slot, or in another device?  If not, the problem is either with the SIM or the account - if it's an old one, it's just possible that 4G wasn't provisioned when all accounts were upgraded.  if it's a new one, it should be 4G-enabled from the start.  It could also be an issue with the SIM and a Vodafone shop should be able to transfer the number to a blank one for you.  It's worth try that just to rule out one more possibility.

Thanks for helping me with this.

The first PAYG SIM from a Voda shop did not work at all ie couldn't connect to the network.

This is a new PAYG SIM from Vodafone direct. No 4G is available as an option on this SIM in either slot 1 or slot 2.  I asked via Chat for them to check the SIM was enabled for 4G . Each time they said they would make changes to my account so that I would have no worries. I should wait 5 minutes then reboot and all would be well. It isn't!

Interestingly this also happened with the current contract SIM. It took 3 goes via voice and 2 chats to get 4G to work. This Voda contract SIM now works fine on 4G in Slot 1 or slot 2.

I have not seen this PAYG SIM receive 4G at anytime or in any Slot.

Hope that helps and thanks again

hrym

Thanks for confirming.   I think we can say wirth confidence that it's definitely a Vodafone issue rather than a phone one.

Quite why you've had so much trouble in this department I can't say - it's unusual and can't be purely account-related as the PAYG and PAYM systems are completely separate - or the numbers aren't linked, at any rate.

Hang on here for the forum team, who should be able to point you in the right direction.   If it's not the SIM, then there's an account issue that the customer service people have a way of fixing, but it isn't working, and may therefore need escalating.

Thanks for your help. 

I will wait for help via the forum team

Hi @dephead2004

Sorry to hear this hasn't been resolved for you.

From what you're saying, it does sound like an account issue and for this you would need to speak to Customer Services either via 191 or Live Chat for help.

Thanks,

Viki